The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 6, 2014, 11:29 AM   #26
longknife12

You can voice your opinion at Kroger Customer Service 800 576-4377 X 3
This is a friendly bunch of folks.
Dan
Old September 6, 2014, 01:42 PM   #27
Koda94

I'm of course hoping this will be a waste of time for MDA because the large Fred Meyers down the road from my house sells AR-15's and handguns just down the isle from the groceries. Probably have to purchase a firearm transaction separately, I don't know what their store policy is for actually buying one while shopping but I imagine like any other thing in the store one could purchase an AR-15 first then swing by the groceries, buy the kids back to school clothes, stop by the electronics dept, garden center, home improvement.... (and of course an obligatory stop at the in store starbucks lol).
Im not advocating doing any of that just saying. Their gun counter is literally in the mix of everything almost like a kiosk in a mall.

As long as Kroger includes firearms in their one stop shopping plan this should be a waste of time for MDA.
Old September 7, 2014, 07:41 AM   #28
OuTcAsT

In The Nashville, TN area, There are now billboards along the interstates that bear a photo of a guy carrying an AK and, pushing a shopping cart.

The text reads: Let's tell Kroger "Groceries, NOT Guns" I saw a couple today.The Kroger facebook page also had a similar posting yesterday morning.

Looks like they are ramping up the campaign seriously.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -
Old September 7, 2014, 01:17 PM   #29
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Looks like they are ramping up the campaign seriously.
Given the number of ads they've done like this, I'm wondering if most of the people open carrying in Kroger are actually MDA members.
Old September 7, 2014, 01:45 PM   #30
TXAZ

Long knife noted
Quote:
You can voice your opinion at Kroger Customer Service 800 576-4377 X 3
This is a friendly bunch of folks.
Dan
I did the same on their customer service feedback page at www.kroger.com.
Got a very nice reply.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old September 7, 2014, 02:36 PM   #31
vito

I wonder if some of the open carry characters who seem intent on frightening others and getting publicity out of their stunts are being funded by Bloomberg and/or other anti-gunners. Pro-gun folks are always trying to show how we are responsible citizens who want our 2nd Amendment rights respected and are not only not a threat to the non-gun carrying public but that we add to public safety. Carry an AR belligerently into a store where they have told you they do not want to see firearms displayed is working against 2nd Amendment progress.
Old September 7, 2014, 03:55 PM   #32
OuTcAsT

Tom Servo Wrote;
Quote:
Given the number of ads they've done like this, I'm wondering if most of the people open carrying in Kroger are actually MDA members.
Tom, I have wondered the same thing myself.

This particular ad, and several others, bemoan the fact that you can open carry a firearm but, that Kroger won't allow you to bring in food from elsewhere.

Shame on you Kroger, for trying to keep your store as sanitary as possible, such nerve !

Old September 7, 2014, 04:48 PM   #33
curt.45

oh good lord and I was carrying at Kroger this morning like every Sunday morning, c.c. but carrying. well thats not going to change.
Old September 7, 2014, 08:00 PM   #34
steve4102

I've been saying Grisham is a false flag and on Bloombergs payroll for quite some time.
Old September 7, 2014, 09:38 PM   #35
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
I've been saying Grisham is a false flag and on Bloombergs payroll for quite some time.
I don't know about that. My question is this: who's actually carrying long guns in Kroger? I haven't even heard of the misguided pro-gun folks doing it lately.

The only ones who appear to be doing it are the MDA advocates who are staging photos for their billboards. Are they getting approval from Kroger's management and legal departments before doing so? If not, that raises some interesting questions.
Old September 7, 2014, 10:12 PM   #36
steve4102

I don't know either, but there is this stuff floating around.

http://www.alan.com/2014/08/27/open-...-because-derp/
Old September 8, 2014, 02:28 PM   #37
Glenn E. Meyer

OMG - no wonder we will lose gun rights.

I suppose that is a modern sporting baby.
Old September 8, 2014, 04:12 PM   #38
BarryLee

Sorry, I included a link to a related story, but it has the potential to create duplicate threads. Please follow this link to another TFL thread related to Kroger.
Sorry for any confusion.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Last edited by BarryLee; September 8, 2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old September 8, 2014, 05:32 PM   #39
Glenn E. Meyer

There is another thread on this, so let's not duplicate. Keep this on the Bloomberg action plan and not on what you would do in that situation.
Old September 9, 2014, 08:12 PM   #40
OuTcAsT

Armed Citizen stops robber outside a Kroger store

This just might put a dent in the Mom's cause;

http://rare.us/story/a-citizen-packi...ide-of-kroger/

Old September 11, 2014, 01:17 AM   #41
Kimio

Kind of doubt it, such an article/story will never be seen on MSNN's sadly. Doubt they really even care, spout the lie often enough and loud enough and people will start believing it to be true.

Modern society also doesn't seem at all interested in fact checking claims they hear on the streets or from MSNN's as well.

I'll still correct where I can, but the brainwashing is pretty darn deep rooted in many, or so it seems.

Still, it's good to see that no one was hurt, at least no one innocent that is.
Good guys: +1, Bad guys: 0
Old September 11, 2014, 12:10 PM   #42
JimDandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKSa
Legal or not, what kind of an advocate are you being for the gun community by openly taking a firearm into a place after you've already been asked not to?
In Flintlock Tom's defense, being asked to take it out to your car one day by the same person who didn't ask you to leave it in the car previously doesn't sound like being asked to never carry in there ever.
Old September 11, 2014, 01:24 PM   #43
Xfire68

Quote:
OMG - no wonder we will lose gun rights.

I suppose that is a modern sporting baby.
I hate to say it but, these so called "Supporters" are hurting the cause not helping it.

That link demonstrates what we should not be doing.
Old September 12, 2014, 12:30 AM   #44
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
In Flintlock Tom's defense, being asked to take it out to your car one day by the same person who didn't ask you to leave it in the car previously doesn't sound like being asked to never carry in there ever.
At the very least, common courtesy would suggest that one ask for clarification before repeating an action that the manager has prohibited in the past.