The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 20, 2002, 12:13 PM   #1
Mike11b

What's so great about SideArmor Holsters?

The people on GlockTalk swear by them. Any user input from anyone is appreciated.
Old April 20, 2002, 04:32 PM   #2
Lightfighter

I have seen a few and I would agree that they are built well. I don'tthink there is anything outstanding aboutthem; but they are nice. My favorite Kydex holster, and the only one I will carry is the brand called Cendex.
Old April 20, 2002, 05:41 PM   #3
14inches

You may want to try the "holsters for sale" section on Glocktalk. This is where the people on Glocktalk sell their slightly used Sidearmor holsters.
Old April 20, 2002, 08:10 PM   #4
Oracle

I really like the Sidearmor holsters, I have an IWB for my G26 and an OWB with a 15-degree cant for my G17. Both are excellent holsters, and have a very solid trigger cover for the glocks (I consider this very important). The Sidearmor holsters simply very well made, they exhibit better craftsmanship than I have seen with any other Kydex holster. I like their mag carriers even better than their holsters, they are adjustable so that you can carry your magazine vertically two different ways or horizontally two different ways.

It may just be me, but I don't like the Cendex holsters. They seem like a lot of other Kydex holsters in that they look like someone wrapped couple of sheets of kydex around the pistol (or magazine) and bolted them together.
Old April 21, 2002, 08:46 AM   #5
Sackett

Sidearmor customer support is excellent if you were to ever need support. This is true for general questions as a potential customer to exchange and replacement if you are not satisfied with the merchandise you received.
Old April 22, 2002, 01:25 PM   #6
Gino

Sidearmor has the best customer service in the industry. Definitely something to think about!

I have a Sidearmor IWB holster and it is VERY well-made. However, I would never buy another IWB from Sidearmor. It is the thickest holster that I have, maybe the thickest IWB I've ever seen. Not good in an IWB holster IMHO.

I would buy another Sidearmor if I was getting one OWB where the thickness doesn't matter.
Old April 23, 2002, 01:26 AM   #7
Sastrugi

Had two of Sidehammer's holsters and both really Sucked!
That was a while ago so they may have gotten better but
I doubt it. They're way overpriced and the El Cheapo way
they do their belt loops is unacceptable {@ that price point!}.
Why pay for this if you can get a hand-crafted holster frrm Cen-Dex or Kytac? Cen-Dex stuff is excellent and now has tension adj.
Mike Benedict's Talon Tactical is alos very good for a mid-priced Kydex holster.
Old April 23, 2002, 09:17 AM   #8
OTISZ

I have used SIDEARMOR holsters when I owned Glocks. Outstanding holsters and outstanding folks and outstanding customer service. They do not come any better. They make holsters for 1911's now but I have not tried them YET! You can't go wrong with a SIDEARMOR. I definately prefer them over the Blade-Tech stuff. Just my $.02.

"Millions for defense, not one dime for tribute!"
Old June 12, 2002, 11:14 PM   #9
emann

Simply The Best

I have a OWB Sidearmor holster for a Glock 19.It is definently the nicest Kydex one out there and I have owned near about every brands attempt at one.Yes it is a little on the expensive side but it's in a different league then Fobus,Cendex or kytac also so what do you expect?You get what you pay for!Bladetech would be my second choice.
Old June 13, 2002, 10:06 AM   #10
Kentucky Rifle

Well, I'm very tempted to...

..purchase their new cammo-combo holster, mag carrier, and belt that's on sale now for my G27. I do think they make nice stuff, but also these people are VERY nice when you talk to them regarding product questions. That means a lot in my book.

KR
Old June 13, 2002, 11:41 AM   #11
Fred

Another vote for Sidearmor

they make a good prduct, and their customer service is top notch!
Old June 13, 2002, 07:23 PM   #12
another okie

I have several Sidearmors and like them, but I don't have that much experience with other Kydex holsters. My Sidearmor IWB is very comfortable. It's very slightly thicker than some others I've seen, but we're talking tiny, tiny differences. The IWBs can be readily switched from belt loops to J-hooks, which is nice.

One feature I really like on the IWB is that it rises next to your body to the same height as the grip and slide. This keeps the grip and slide from touching you, and more importantly gives you a very easy way to guide the pistol into the holster, which makes it easy to reholster without looking. For my money, that's an important feature. It also clicks in, so you know it's secure.

I don't know why the poster above doesn't like the way loops are attached, but I'd like to hear more about it.
Old June 14, 2002, 12:14 AM   #13
jimmy

I have a Sidearmor IWB for my G26 and a Forward Cant OWB for my G30. Sidearmor holsters and mag pouches are made more precisely than the ATA Kydex products I used to use, and they cost about the same. Also, the Sidearmor OWB holds the butt closer in than the ATA. The interchangeable belt loops for the Sidearmor IWB are a good feature. The edges of the belt loops could come a little smoother or more rounded. But if this really bothered me I could smooth them myself. The bottom line is that I traded away the other holsters (leather as well as Kydex) that I owned for these guns.

Sidearmor customer service is excellent.

BTW, I wish Sidearmor made a Forward Cant OWB for the G26. I'd buy one today.
Old June 22, 2002, 09:34 PM   #14
3Alpha

I just received my Sidearmor OWB FBI cant holster for my Glock 30 and two single mag pouches TODAY. I love the holster and mag pouches... FAST and secure. The finish is better than any of the other holsters that I've seen or own (IMO).

The mag pouches are adjustable as far as height but I'll leave them just where they're at for now.

The holster is fast yet secure.. the way Sidearmor designed the belt loop so that it is an integral part of the holster is preferred by me... no way the holster is going to leave the belt and it keeps the holster from rocking without the need of an auxiliary arm in the back. Because it's integral to the main part of the holster, it's stronger than a pieced of kydex bended over to form a 'loop'. Of course, you must use the right width belt for optimal performance (to take advantage of the holster not rocking back... but that's a given for any holster).

I contacted Sidearmor three days ago and got the package today (WHAT SERVICE!). I am very happy with my purchase. Now let's see how these CNC-machined units of Kydex perform in a concealed carry type match tomorrow!
Old June 26, 2002, 06:42 PM   #15
ump45

They don't make any holsters for SIG, so how could they be that good?