The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 19, 2013, 12:19 AM   #1
Secretariat

Meprolight VS Trijicon 3 Dot Sights

For those of you who have tried both Meprolight and Trijicon 3 Dot Night Sights,which do you prefer?And why?you see,I am debating which between these 2 brands to get for my Sig Sauer pistol as the current sights installed is loosing it's glow.
Thanks in advance.
Old September 19, 2013, 07:24 AM   #2
allaroundhunter

I prefer Trijicon HDs, they seem to be slightly brighter. And I had a set of mepros go bad on me after only 7 months...

Trijicons, however, are usually a good but more expensive.
Old September 19, 2013, 07:35 AM   #3
TRex99

I just had new Siglite sights put on my P220 and IIRC, they're made by Meprolight.

I also swapped out the factory fiber optic sight that I didn't care for on my Springfield XDS for Meprolight, but I only bought Meprolight because I got a good deal installed.

I'd recommend Meprolight because I like them fine on these two pistols, but I don't know that there's much difference between them and Trijicon.

Both Glocks I owned wore Trijicons and I liked them fine too.
Old September 19, 2013, 09:53 PM   #4
oldandslow

sec, 9/20/13

I have both Mepros and Trijicons on my pistols. In general the Mepros were a bit brighter and the Trijicons a bit more expensive. The one big area where they differ is customer service. I've had a few questions on both maker's sights and never could get a reply from Meprolight. Trijicon answers promptly and was quite helpful. So if the price difference is not too great I try to buy Trijicon. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow