The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old July 8, 2006, 11:01 AM   #1
kirkcdl

WWW.EastCountyGuns.com on Gunbroker-use caution!

This seller has "sold" the same gun at least 6 times,all with no reserve.I have emailed GB 4 times,and not only have I gotten zero response from support at Gunbroker,the gun keeps getting "sold" and then showing up in a new listing.The current item number is 52116358 and it is for a Beretta Cougar 8357.If this was a very common gun in a common caliber I probably wouldn't have noticed,but the Cougar in 357sig is NOT a very common gun,not that many were made.I find it VERY difficult to believe this shop has a dozen or so.Just a "buyer beware" for all out there that may be tempted to do business with this seller.Of course,I invite this seller to post a response here or on the other boards this is on,in case I am in error...
Old July 8, 2006, 11:42 AM   #2
Eghad

Seems that if he sold the same gun 6 times and somebody didnt get it it would show up on his customer ratings? He has a 98% satisfaction rating with almost a thousand sales.

Did you send the seller an e-mail asking him?

NRA Life Member
Old July 8, 2006, 06:26 PM   #3
Gunfighter45cal

I've done business with them with no problems.
Old July 8, 2006, 08:45 PM   #4
hoghunting

I have e-mailed questions about Gunbroker auction items to them and they have been very honest. A couple of the items were barely used and he didn't lie and tell me they were new. He seemed pretty honest to me.
Old July 10, 2006, 08:28 PM   #5
kirkcdl

First of all,I wish to point out to anyone who has responded on various boards that I did not accuse EastCountyGuns of ANYTHING!Okay?Also,I only stated facts,which as I re-read them,could appear as an accusation of wrongdoing,and that is my fault.

I will also take the opportunity to say that I emailed ECG inquiring as to the quantity of these particular pistols that were actually available,and the answer was absolutely NOT what I had thought it would be.

I WAS WRONG,and I'm feeling a bit humble right now.I was informed,very politely,that there are about 20 of these in stock,and the only reason they didn't put them all up for sale at once is that they didn't want to "flood the market" with what is admittedly,by my own words,a hard gun to sell.

I owe EastCountyGuns an apology for my assumptions,and for the careless way I presented them.Hopefully I'll learn from this,however,I am human,and far from perfect.

To those of you that chose to castigate me for what you perceived to be blantant,baseless accusations,all I can say is perhaps you'd benefit from some sort of college level class in reading comprehension.

Once again,I apologize to ECG and anyone affiliated with them for my incorrect assumptions AND the manner in which I presented them.
Old July 10, 2006, 08:36 PM   #6
Eghad

no castigation meant, sorry if you took it as that....just stating what the business rating is.

NRA Life Member
Old July 11, 2006, 07:33 AM   #7
hoghunting

"To those of you that chose to castigate me for what you perceived to be blantant,baseless accusations,all I can say is perhaps you'd benefit from some sort of college level class in reading comprehension"

You owe us an apology for that statement. If you will reread your comments on East County Guns, you implied that they were selling guns that they didn't have. Obviously your college level reading classes were lacking.
Old July 12, 2006, 06:09 AM   #8
hoghunting

kirkcdl has slammed East County Guns on The High Road also, only they are not letting him get away with his comments. http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=209332
Old July 21, 2006, 12:04 PM   #9
buzz_knox

The thread title on THR has been modified to reflect that the thread contains false allegations against this FFL. It might be worth noting that on this and the other forums to which the poster spread the allegations.