The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 18, 2013, 09:22 PM   #1
nell421

Bushmaster carbon 15

So i have a Bushmaster carbon 15 flat top. i want a longer forgrip but this is my first ar so im kinda in the dark. i have the factory off it already has a low profile gas block. would like one that just fits right on it. also it has a round end cap. any suggestions on brand or anyhelp is greatly appreciated.
Old February 19, 2013, 02:02 AM   #2
AR15barrels

Bushmaster carbon 15

There are a couple different generations of the carbon 15.
Some accept standard ar-15 barrel nuts.
Others have larger threads and will need the barrel nut on the new handguard to be enlarged before you can install them.

Measure the major diameter of your receivers threads and I'll tell you which you have.
Old March 24, 2013, 04:16 AM   #3
New2ARs

New Carbon AR 15

I just recently purchased the Bushmaster Carbon 15 AR and I must say so far I really like this rifle. I will be testing it out Monday at the range and am looking forward to it.

I know from looking at the threads it appears not to many people like these rifles and was just wondering with the rifles being produced today (carbon 15's) has anyone had any issues with them (the versions being produced currently)?

I am adding the ATG quad rails, the MOPAR CTR stock, a Hogue grip and a different scope to it. With these rails it looks like the barrel will have plenty of air circulation around it not that I am going to go to the gravel pit and just blow through the rounds or anything but I think they will help keeping the barrel cool.

Please let me know if there are any recommendations on what to keep a watch out for since I am new to the AR platform.

Thanks and have a great day.
Old April 9, 2013, 03:01 PM   #4
wh1t3thunderbolt

barrel nut

I just tried to install a free float quad rail on my Bushmaster Carbon 15. I ran in to the barrel nut problem that was mentioned above. With the larger thread pattern the supplied barrelnut wont fit. Has anyone tried drilling and tapping an undersized barrel nut to fit the 2nd gen. thread size??