The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old August 24, 2008, 06:14 PM   #1
bswiv

Do you know these folks???

Cheyenne Ridge Lodge in Scottsbluff, Nebraska?

Has anyone been there?
Old August 25, 2008, 07:27 AM   #2
flyboy14

Don't know the name, but I grew up in scottsbluff, and my family still lives there. What do they offer for hunts? If you have any questions I could find out, I spent my first 20 years hunting around scottsbluff. Its a small town odds are I would know them. Good deer hunting, goose, duck, pheasant, so on. Flyboy
Old August 25, 2008, 03:49 PM   #3
bswiv

They say they have 3 miles of land along the Platt. Offer duck/goose and some other hunts in the area.

We are going to be in Gregory S.D in October for pheasants. Leaving there on the 17th. We are trying to find a place to spend a few days hunting ducks/geese before we come back to Fl.

I understand it is kind of early for migratory birds to be thick but I've been told that there are plenty of local birds on the Platt at that time to make it worth doing.

Any insight or help you could offer would be appreciated.
Old August 25, 2008, 07:49 PM   #4
flyboy14

if they have three miles of river you can hunt, I would do it. Even early season waterfowl is excellent there. There are plenty of local birds that hang around. We used to hunt the platte all season, anywhere along the river will be good. Have a lot of friends that still hunt it every year. The birds feed in the cornfields during the day and come back to the river, and lake minatare at night. Took a friend of mine from louisiana back several years ago, and he couldn't believe the numbers of ducks and geese. Good luck! flyboy
Old August 25, 2008, 08:42 PM   #5
bswiv

I talked to one of there clients today, not one off of their reference list but someone else, and he seemed to be very pleased with the place. I also talked to the head guide and they seemed very accomidating.

Thank you for the help..............
Old August 25, 2008, 10:24 PM   #6
flyboy14

hope it works out for you, a bit of a drive from where you are pheasant hunting, but I think it will be worth it. Can't wait for pheasant to open up, I know my bird dog is ready. Pheasant numbers have been good last couple of years here, and should be a good season this year. Pheasant hunting was good around scottsbluff last year, but in south dakota it was a amazing last fall.