The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old March 17, 2013, 07:00 AM   #26
roklok

I just built a 200 yard range, pushed up dirt with a bulldozer to 8 feet tall. I cant even imagine trying to pile dirt 25 feet tall. At this point, nothing but wilderness beyond for miles, and 200 yards of thick timber to the property line. I feel safe with this. Short shots can definitely send rounds over the berm just as easily if not more so than high shots, so the targets should be placed close the berm, instead of way in front of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S7300010.jpg (264.3 KB, 709 views)
Old March 17, 2013, 12:41 PM   #27
Gunplummer

I was a member at a club and they started reworking the backstops. The new fill was donated dirt that was about half dirt and half stones. Seriously, about 50-50. I left that club. That is an accident waiting to happen. It is a small club (Land wise) and a lot of houses near it. To make the situation worse, the wooden posts were replaced with steel poles for the target frames. Wood did not last long enough for them.