The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 21, 2013, 07:33 AM   #1
vito

NRA Life Membership for $300

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just completed an application and provided my credit card information for updating my NRA membership to life status for $300 (the link to the page was from a thread on the forum) and I received a confirming email. But when I went to the NRA site itself, and checked Membership Renewal, it showed the Life Membership cost still at $1,000. Was I scammed or is the $300 cost legitimate? I hope to hear something on this thread because if I was scammed I guess I can call my credit card company and stop the charge.
Old March 21, 2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Skans

The only way you can get the $300 deal that I am aware of is to be referred by another life member. There was (at least one, maybe others) a life member on this board who had offered to permit others to get a life membership with his information. If this is the what you did it is not a scam. When I upgraded my membership, I did the same thing, but I called in the information. It does take about 3 weeks to a month for the NRA sends you your life membership goodies.
Old March 21, 2013, 07:52 AM   #3
globemaster3

Vito, I read the same thread (believe it now resides in Retail Deals and Feedback) and signed up 2 weeks ago and posted a reply to the thread as such. Yea verily, if you sign up on your own, a life membership is $1000. However, if you sign up for life membership with a sponsor, its only $300. I confirmed that several times with the customer service rep on the phone, saw the $300 charge on my card, and logged into NRA website with the membership number they gave me over the phone and set up my account. It confirmed my life member status.

Initially, they didn't provide a membership number, but I asked for it and they promptly supplied it. You need that number in order to set up your account on the website, so you can have proof of membership if you need it, since the package takes 6 weeks or so to arrive.

So, no, it doesn't appear to be a scam.

"We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control."
Old March 21, 2013, 01:36 PM   #4
TheFlash

It's definitely not a scam. I called and joined about 1 month ago.
Had not seen any credit card charges, so I called their membership services number. Spoke with a representative and she said it is taking 6-8 weeks to process the memberships since they are receiving thousands of new members EVERY DAY.
Old March 22, 2013, 09:48 AM   #5
chrisp51

I used the invitation by Guntalk. com (Tom Gresham) to get the $300 Life membership. I waited and waited and started to think it was a scam but in about 6 weeks I got my package from the NRA so now all is good.
Old March 22, 2013, 09:55 AM   #6
bikerbill

Is there not a lower-cost life membership for seniors? I've been renewing year to year ...
Old March 23, 2013, 11:30 AM   #7
grizz223

Thanks for the great info Signed up for life membership.
Old March 23, 2013, 12:44 PM   #8
cvc944

It's good to see so many people taking advantage of this sweet offer. I went for life membership some 10 years ago on a 25.00 per month paid quarterly plan that cost me 750.00 total. Very wise decision to take this 300.00 deal.
Old March 23, 2013, 01:19 PM   #9
Dangerwing

Link?

Can someone post a link to the thread mentioned in the OP? Or specific instructions on how to do it? I would pay $300 for a lifetime membership in a heartbeat.

Only faithful men teach their wives to shoot.
Old March 23, 2013, 05:37 PM   #10
vito

Here is the link: https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...ampaignID=ar15
Old March 23, 2013, 05:57 PM   #11
KnotRight

I got my life membership for 300. I have a friend on The Hull Truth sponsor me. All I needed was his NRA membership number.

If anybody wants to use mine, it is 012534741 and my name is Ricky Friedenberg and zip code is 31405.
Old March 24, 2013, 05:52 PM   #12
panamint

I did the $300 upgrade without being referred and it took a few weeks to get the info in the mail with the new card.
Scott