The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 14, 2010, 11:56 AM   #51
oneounceload

It isn't anything an aftermarket stock can't cure, especially one made to fit you personally.........
Old July 14, 2010, 01:00 PM   #52
zippy13

When I first got into shogun sports, there was a young couple at the club who shot a pair of Winchester Model 12s. His was a typical pigeon grade with nice wood and metal that looked like a black mirror. The wife's gun was a little different, it had a factory-looking plastic hydracoil stock that was finished in various shades of swirly pink that resembled a bowling ball of the era, and the metal was nickel plated.

At one of my first club matches, was squadded with the young land. To go with the gun she wore a scoop neck pink sweater and pink satin bra. Needless to say, none of us did very well… the gal and the gun we just too distracting. I wonder what an attractive young lady (in a low cut yellow top) could do to a squad with this Cynergy.

Image courtesy of browning.com

Imagine this rare Hydracoil Model 12 in swirly pink and bright nickel…

Image courtesy of icollector.com
Old July 14, 2010, 02:00 PM   #53
Double Naught Spy

I think it is a pretty nifty looking gun. I wish more guns came with color options. I am not real thrilled by bluing blue, black, silver, pink, grass, and dirt colors. It is just to Henry Fordish to me.
Old July 14, 2010, 02:08 PM   #54
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Quote:
I wonder what an attractive young lady (in a low cut yellow top) could do to a squad with this Cynergy.
Depends on how angry you made her and what her loads were.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--
Old July 16, 2010, 08:00 AM   #55
lockedcj7

MY EYES!!!!

I don't care for the lines of the Cynergy in the first place so that thing is just hideous. IF I was in the market for an O/U and I was considering the Cynergy anyway, I would buy that one and have it dipped.
Old July 28, 2010, 10:14 AM   #56
booker_t

If the price is justified by the performance of the gun, yes I'd buy it in a heartbeat. With a top-notch paint job (or powder coat??) you could have it in the color/design you want for far less than it's original MSRP.
Old July 29, 2010, 06:34 PM   #57
PatAz

Ugly ugly ugly
Old July 29, 2010, 07:28 PM   #58
BitterTait

Engineers creed: if it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid.

Corrallary: if it's ugly and it works, it's a thing of beauty.

I'd pick it up in a heartbeat if I could get it for 30% under market value due to the looks. And if I wasn't chasing destitution by a single paycheck.