The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Closed Thread

Old April 23, 2012, 11:45 AM   #51
jason41987

the greatest gun design doesnt exist.. if it did then there wouldnt be any fun in collecting anymore, there would be no variety, so i hope the greatest design is never found.. until then i enjoy seeing all the different designs and ideas out there
Old April 23, 2012, 11:50 AM   #52
jason41987

i seem to come up with a lot of good ideas... problem is they seem to be thought up first.. the floating chamber, even considered a rack and pinion for a lever action, then upon further study of a browning BLR found someone whos already done it.... maybe i shouldnt look to make something new, but possibly recapture something old, but different in some way
Old April 23, 2012, 12:03 PM   #53
Gunnut17

My Dad had the same problem, every time he had a good idea for a product, it already was created.
Old April 23, 2012, 12:42 PM   #54
animal

Whatever you want, dude. That’s kinda the beauty of it. Whether you use old ideas in an innovative way, come up with a new combination, or something entirely new; your contribution to progress is still yours.
Never get discouraged. In the middle of thousands of mistakes, you might find one gem that makes it all worthwhile; or the fun of trying can be its own reward. It might sound sappy, but its also true.
Old April 25, 2012, 01:04 AM   #55
Jim Watson

You gotta get off the World Wide Web of Misinformation and start bending metal. Light bulb over the head inspiration and total innovation aren't required, function is.
Old May 1, 2012, 06:40 PM   #56
Lonewulff

while its not a rifle, i would like to see a rather large handgun, six shooter chambered for 45 long colt. old school break down style with case ejectors. the gun fires [I]on the bottom chamber on the cylinder[I] at the 6 oclock position with a square counter weight running the length of an 8 inch barrel. for pics, just google the images for trigun. used to watch that show a few years ago. would love to own one of those.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:22 PM   #57
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

OP started same thread in General Rifles
Closed Thread