The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old April 8, 2008, 11:44 AM   #26
LJ-MosinFreak-Buck

lol great post.

Sure you could, but you also gotta remember to watch the corialis effect if you're going to shoot farther than a mile with that big'un.
Old April 8, 2008, 02:02 PM   #27
wpcexpert

Fun and games

Hillbilli, not to steal your post...but when I was in SC, me and a buddy would get off work (2nd shift), and head out to Manchester. There we would have Q-beams and paintball guns. You could catch a herd of them out in the field. Once you would shine them and rev your engine a couple of times, they would head for the woods, hence cross the road. We would race them to the crossing stop about 15 feet short and cut down on the whole herd. They would freak out.

The funniest thing was to hear folks talk at Batten's about the deer they saw with neon green spots.

Rabbits and opossums were fair game too.
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson
Old April 8, 2008, 02:27 PM   #28
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Not that I give a crap... But in Florida the shooting of deer with a paintball gun is illegal under the law against "Molestation of wildlife" penalty is similar to poaching. To use a light would make it POACHING as the law says "attempting to take game with gun and light" Gun is defined as a device that emits projectiles. Heck they could bust you for poaching and the use of the paintball gun would be a second charge of using a sub standard weapon to take deer. Never lip off to the game warden! In Florida they can search your home truck etc. without warrant or permission!
Brent
Old April 8, 2008, 07:55 PM   #29
SavageMOA

You guys are ridiculous. Using air rifles or any firearm for deer hunting is not very sporting. I like to strip naked and wait in a tree for days on end before a deer wanders under it, then I drop down and take it down with my teeth. It's only sporting.
Old April 9, 2008, 07:01 AM   #30
qajaq59

I'm sure not taking a walk in the woods where SavageMOA lives. He might be hungry and decide not to wait for a deer.
Old April 9, 2008, 07:15 AM   #31
darrentxs

You'll put your eye out.
Old April 9, 2008, 11:54 AM   #32
wpcexpert

Yeah, it's illegal just about everywhere. It was just fun to do.
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson
Old April 9, 2008, 12:43 PM   #33
Uncle Ben

Old April 9, 2008, 12:44 PM   #34
Uncle Ben

wpcexpert said: "Yeah, it's illegal just about everywhere. It was just fun to do."

Chase animals, scare 'em, shoot 'em just for the sake of causing a little pain. Yeah, sounds like a blast You probably like to kick puppies too...
Old April 9, 2008, 04:02 PM   #35
Loaded4yote

Are we feeding the Anti's now?

Granted the OP makes a point, however, in the wrong hands this type of post could be used as ammuntion against hunters in general.
Old April 10, 2008, 05:00 AM   #36
Hawg

Quote:

Granted the OP makes a point, however, in the wrong hands this type of post could be used as ammuntion against hunters in general.
They'd get more mileage out of posts on using .223's or #4 buck for deer.
Old April 10, 2008, 09:05 AM   #37
deanadell

Quote:

If we're feeding the aint's while poking a little fun at ourselves with satirical humor, then let them feast away.......
Old April 10, 2008, 11:54 AM   #38
Colt Delta Elite

re: paintballing deer, rabbits and opossums

Uncle Ben, I agree... just pathetic. Now you know what little kids who stand over ant mounds with magnifying glass grow up to be.

If hillbillie and wpcexpert live in the same state, I suggest they go paintball each other.

< this space for rent >

Last edited by Colt Delta Elite; April 10, 2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old April 10, 2008, 07:41 PM   #39
wpcexpert

Give Me a Break

For starters, the opossums, they died, and who hasn't killed one?

The rabbits, the died (paint balls do a number on them), and they got ate.

The deer, please...really, are the panties bunching up just a little over nothing? It caused a sting for a few minutes "when" they even got hit with one. The actual hit ratio was less than 50%. But nothing was really hurt or damaged. The anti's can't say a durn thing when their own are whacking little puppies and putting them in dumpsters. And the "I bet you kick little puppies too" comment...sensitive much?

Is it really that big of a deal to get all worked up over? So I did a few dumb things in my younger days. Wow, who hasn't? But there are a lot of stones being cast. Give me a break.
- Thomas Jefferson
Old April 10, 2008, 07:49 PM   #40
MeekAndMild

I don't know about using a Daisy. To me it sounds like it might tear up too much meat especially if you hit the shoulder. You know those rapid fire lever action BB guns can slam fire too, pretty dangerous.

I think I'd try to limit the damage by only using crayon drawings of guns, but only drawings of muskets and other muzzle loaders so as to not startle people on the way to the woods.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.
Old April 10, 2008, 07:51 PM   #41
MeekAndMild

Oh yes, one other thing. NEVER NEVER hunt deer with a crayon drawing of an evil black assault rifle. Coyote brown is OK. I forgot to mention that in my first post.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.
Old April 11, 2008, 09:22 AM   #42
JWT

Be very careful with the crayon drawings. If your kids find them and take them to school they can be suspended for their actions. Very, very dangerous you know...
Old April 11, 2008, 12:26 PM   #43
elkman06

Geez,, Haven't you guys seen the info on people dropping out of tree stands vertically onto pigs with a big spear. Kinda cool......
elkman06
P.S. I think that would have to be accented with a good primal scream..LOL

"Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"
Old April 11, 2008, 01:54 PM   #44
Inspector3711

I shoot em with an old Crossman pump. Get up the nose and they drop every time! The trick is sneakin' up on em so the ol' Crossman will have enough power. After their down I use the rubber band gun to make sure they aint playin possum!
Hunt bears with a blow gun too! Honest!
Old May 28, 2008, 03:51 PM   #45
zebulonsmith

Be a real man. What you do is sneak up behind them real quiet like, then give them a good kick in the junk. While it's recovering, grab 'em around the neck and squeeze until it stops kicking.
Old May 28, 2008, 04:47 PM   #46
davlandrum

Rotflmao !!!!

Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is right to do. -Potter Stewart
Old May 28, 2008, 08:02 PM   #47
mikenbarb

ROFLMAO, This thread is gonna be a classic. Im having accuracy problems with my Red Ryder, Can anyone tell me why the group is 100 feet @ 100yds?? LOL I think my scope is bad. Hmmmm, I think the barrel is bent a little because the BB's curve when shot with magnum loads behind them.
Old May 28, 2008, 08:07 PM   #48
teeroux

Sure you can use your airgun sneak up on him and club-em over the head with it.
Old June 5, 2008, 07:17 PM   #49
alfred

Makes sense to me.

Anyone that thinks of such should be limited to such for all hunting.We would all be much safer.alfred
Old June 6, 2008, 03:35 PM   #50
milemission

Airguns is where it's at. I've shot deer with a .50 BMG that just laughed at me, but man, when I shoot them with that Red Ryder, they go down so fast that all you can see is a cloud of dust.