The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old January 30, 2012, 01:09 AM   #1
snakestrikeace

Fulton Armory Rifle Quality

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this thread, but considering my question pertains primarily to rifles I think it should be fine. My question was about the quality and craftsmanship of Fulton Armory. I have been considering putting together an AR-15, and they had what seemed to be fairly reasonable prices on complete upper and lower receivers and parts. I am not familiar with Fulton armory, but they seem fairly reputable. They also have parts for other firearms that I have been needing. So if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 30, 2012, 10:10 AM   #2
madcratebuilder

Fulton armory stuff is GTG. I think most folks well say they are a little pricey.
Old January 30, 2012, 05:08 PM   #3
dead bird

I had two experiences with Futon Armory. I had a shot out garand re-barreled with krieger barrel, and purchased a ar nm upper from them. IMHO their quality of work is excellent. A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. If you are sending a gun to be worked on be patient. They do not set any speed records. Overall very pleased and I would return if needed(or should I say wanted) good luck
Old January 30, 2012, 07:53 PM   #4
Tim R

Quote:
IMHO their quality of work is excellent. A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.
I would have to agree, good work but on the high side. For what they want in just a plain upper, you can get a good & complete AR. They are great for one stop shopping when looking for parts but again still a little high if you shop around. Another example is the price of their GI leather slings. I can buy two Turners for the price they want for their no name one. (Turner is the industry standard for GI leather slings)

I don’t know of anyone who competes with their Peerless AR upper. For the less money you can get a Compass Lake or White Oak Precision upper and well on your way to paying for a complete lower. The shelf doesn’t get any higher than Compass Lake or White Oak Precision. Not even if you stand on your tippy toes. If Fulton was at least an equal to WOP or CL, there would be people shooting them.

I have been to their booth at Perry. Very nice looking rifles indeed. I'm sure they shoot fine but you can have it for less $.
Old January 30, 2012, 08:18 PM   #5
30Cal

Spendier and much slower than average. They shoot OK, but so does everyone else's match rifle.

Tags
ar-15 , fulton armory , quality