The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old August 19, 2007, 12:10 PM   #26
restlessnomad

Thanks so much for all your help. Trip, if you ever feel like shooting, send me a PM I'll get you my phone number.
Old August 19, 2007, 09:57 PM   #27
Jeffenwulf

I feel your pain. I lived in Wisconsin before I joined the military. I finally changed my state of residence this year to Texas. Part of it was because of the obscene restrictions on personal firearms and carrying for the purpose of self-defense. I shot all the time while living there, but it was all on private land with permission of the owner.

Be aware that shall issue CCW bills were vetoed by Gov. Doyle in 2004 and 2005 (if I remember the years correctly). The override was only a couple of votes short. If it goes up again I believe that it will pass. If the bill goes through again and Doyle isn't in office, it will almost assuredly pass ... but it couldn't hurt to prod your reps just a bit. Hang in there ... or move.
Old August 20, 2007, 02:21 AM   #28
hottbarrell

The airsoft guns come in many popular clones I shoot a P99 and got an air just like it,the backstraps even interchanged from toy to gun....Im' on my second airsoft wore the first out,the slide racking weight of pull is also very comperable to the real gun.I found a cross draw the fastest and most natural for me,its inevetable than you will drop your gun practiceing fast draw and its alot easier to drop the $23.00 clone as you develop your skills,and use the high density bb's they will break paper at 20-25ft through my toy gun. I live in ohio and belong to a fishing club that has a outdoor range,but I practiced most of last winter in my garage with the air soft, a safe way to learn the art of drawing your weapon,and making a quick rack if you carry w/out one in the pipe,then sight aquisition and it broke up the monotony of repeat games of cricket,make any buddies buy there own. ---P99er---