The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 2, 2009, 11:01 PM   #1
bamafan4life

in need of a gun safe

hi need a gun safe under 2000$ that will hold ALOT of guns for the collection im planning on having in my life. i was considering a liberty fat boy. any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Old June 3, 2009, 10:15 AM   #2
a1abdj

What value would you place on the contents of the safe once full?
Old June 4, 2009, 12:43 AM   #3
bamafan4life

dont take this personally, but why on earth would i ever go around telling people how much my gun collections worth? thats just asking for trouble in this economy!!!!!!!!! not these days u cant hardly trust ur own ken folks.
Old June 4, 2009, 12:54 AM   #4
redbaronace

I can understand your concern of not wishing to disclose the eventual contents of your safe due to safety reasons. But the person who is asking the question is one of the most helpful authorities on safes on this forum and has provided much help to others who needed guidance on such matters. If you dont feel comfortable answering the question on the forum, you might still feel free to contact him by PM.
Old June 4, 2009, 01:12 AM   #5
bamafan4life

hi i took your advice and pmed him. and welcome to the firing line! im honored that you used your 1st post here!
Old June 4, 2009, 07:18 AM   #6
J.Smith

Personally my collection of 1911s and Revolvers already exceeds 5k+ so spending $1500-$3000 dollars on a safe is completely reasonable in my eyes due to the fact that when my elders pass I will inherit another 10-12k worth of firearms. Buy what you can afford, but dont cheap out if you plan on having an extensive collection.
Old June 4, 2009, 08:31 PM   #7
redbaronace

bamafan4life

Hey no problem. While I dont post much on this forum, I do read the various threads and have come to know who some of the reputable posters are here and elsewhere. Hope you get a good safe because a nice one will offer you protection and peace of mind (just like your firearm does now).