The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old April 9, 2002, 03:13 PM   #1
Nightcrawler

An idea...

Now, I joined TFL shortly before the "gun-related only" in the General Discussion forum was installed.

Perhaps, then, during the next upgrade, and off-topic forum could be added, just giving members a place to discuss life, how it's going, hob-knob, etc.

Just a thought. Keep up the great work!
Old April 9, 2002, 08:24 PM   #2
HankL

Crawler, I'm way out of line even responding to this but hear me out please. Would you and four or twelve of your friends be willing and able to moderate such a forum and keep it to the standards that have been achieved and maintained here?

I know and understand that some threads that were not exactly gun related still are allowed from time to time but with the number of active posters here it seems that the family has turned into a very large metropolis . I, for one, will try my best to stay 100% firearms and RTKABA related.

Dogs die, friends die, old men die, neat stuff happens as well.
Make it gun related and I don't think that you will have a problem with it posting it.

Best Regards

Hank
Old April 10, 2002, 10:05 AM   #3
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

We've done that before. It didn't really work. We found that these other subjects can be very explosive and or corrosive to the TFL standard.

Do you really want to open up to debates on Abortion? Right to Life - to Die? Hell, even FORD vs CHEVY. There are a lot of issues out there that tend to pull things apart at the seams.

We all have something in common... Guns. Let's just stick with that.
Old April 10, 2002, 03:02 PM   #4
Mike Irwin
Staff

Die.

Chevy.

Die,
Chevy...

DIE CHEVY DIE!!!!!!!

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.