The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old October 14, 2012, 06:46 AM   #1
Joe Chicago

Savage 11 Combo at Dick's

Is anyone here planning on buying a Savage 11? Savage 11 combos with Nikon BDC scopes are on sale at Dick's in Arlington Heights, IL for $499.99. The model on sale has the synthetic stock and detachable magazine. I'm not sure if this is a national sale or local, but wanted to give you Savage fans a heads up.
Old October 14, 2012, 10:20 AM   #2
Fourtyfive

We have the same deal at Dick's here in Dallas. Academy's website has the same rifle package for $499 as well.
www.academy.com

Anyone have any review of this rifle, Im looking to pick it up sometime next week. The Nikon scope is what sold me on it, haven't seen such a clear scope on a packaged rifle before.
Old October 14, 2012, 10:55 AM   #3
Joe Chicago

Fourtyfive, on the FirearmsTalk forums a member posted that a friend of his bought the Savage 11 combo and it was shooting 1/2 MOA groups.
Old October 15, 2012, 08:30 AM   #4
Fusion

Sportsmans Warehouse here has the same rifle packages for $479.99 everyday. I've looked at them a few times when I've stopped in, but I've never pulled the trigger on one.
Old October 15, 2012, 11:34 AM   #5
Pointshoot

"Sportsmans Warehouse here has the same rifle packages for $479.99 everyday. I've looked at them a few times when I've stopped in, but I've never pulled the trigger on one."

Fusion - is that with the Nikon BDC scope on it ?

I bought a Savage package .30-06 as a camp back-up several years ago. It came with some kinda fuzzy scope that I switched out.

Last edited by Pointshoot; October 15, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old October 15, 2012, 12:22 PM   #6
Fusion

Yes, it's with the 3-9x40 Nikon BDC scope that comes on the packages now.
Old October 15, 2012, 07:41 PM   #7
Pointshoot

Thanks Fusion for your reply and letting us know about that. I think I'll have to go and check one out.
Old October 15, 2012, 07:56 PM   #8
Fusion

You're more than welcome. If you have one nearby, it's the best deal I've seen around for one. I've almost picked one on a few occasions, but I just can't bring myself to when I know I don't need another rifle.

Now that Walmart has gone up to $447 on their package with the Bushnell scope, I think the Sportsmans Warehouse price is the est deal going. IMO the Savage packages at Walmart need to go back down to $400 with the Bushnell scope as that was a good price for them. At $447 it's too close to the price of the 111 with the Nikon.
Old October 15, 2012, 09:29 PM   #9
Pointshoot

Fusion - I'm in WA state. Most of the Sportsmans Warehouse stores up here were sold to some outfit out of Canada. This includes the store in the Spokane area that I often go to (I can never recall the new store name - and am in the habit of still calling them 'Sportsmans Warehouse'.) I see that the Savage package with the Nikon scope is a regular item listed on the Savage website. So I'll do some checking around. I might even pick up a .30-06 in stainless. Right now up in the Pacific NW we're experiencing lots of rain. I like the big game hunting accuracy and the Accu-trigger on the Savage rifles. It would be nice to have a rifle combo for really nasty weather that a guy doesnt have to worry about messing up or maintaining so much. Can leave the pretty wood & blued rifles at home. Regards, - -