The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you ever dealt with TGSCOM before?
What was your experience? 0 0%
How long ago did you deal with them? 0 0%
Have you ever heard negative comments? 0 0%
Would you consider dealing with them? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 17, 2006, 06:04 PM   #1
Dj Dust

Avoid TGSCOM internet dealer

Be cautious who you order from this company has like 10 web pages that I have seen and 3 phone numbers. you always get the same 2 people (David or Steve) they screwed me and many others. Just be cautious who you order from. some of their web pages include: gunsatcost.com, topglock.com, handgunheaven.com, handgundirect.com, handgunlover.com, theurbanarmory.com, concealgun.com. I'm sure there are more but all their pages seem to have the same design so just be aware.
Old October 17, 2006, 06:07 PM   #2
fairview mick

Screwed on the internet.

I'm very surprised that you mention top Glock. I bought some parts from them and they coudln't have been more helpful. They sent to a website that gave me all the directions I needed and the polished trigger ass'y and msc parts were perfect.
Mickey
Old October 17, 2006, 06:24 PM   #3
Dj Dust

the problem doesn't seem to be with parts as much as firearms. but good for you, you are one of the lucky ones.
Old October 31, 2006, 05:18 PM   #4
geneinnc

DJ, Did they do something to warrant your negative post? If so share it with us.
Old March 10, 2009, 05:47 AM   #5
SmokeyVol

Beware TGSCOM Online Gun Dealer

Do not buy from these guys. They run a scam. I ordered a Ruger Markk III Competition from RugerPistols.com, one of the web sites owned by TGSCOM and received a Mark III Hunter instead. Not much difference, but it was definitely not what I ordered and I had no recourse because they do not answer phone calls or e-mails and I never received an e-mail confirmation. I accepted the gun when it arrived at my local FFL beceuse I had no way to contact them or get a refund or exchange.
Old October 18, 2009, 06:15 AM   #6
JoGusto

NOTHING wrong with TGSCOM, especially the prices!

I hate it when people say "don't do business with XYZ" but then do not get SPECIFIC with their complaint.

I am here to counter the TGSCOM slander by mentioning my experience. It is all factual. I am not related to TGSCOM in any way...

- I bought a Glock 19 in CA-legal configuration (2 10-rd mags instead of the usual). The price was EXCELLENT! ($479 I think).

- Their web site credit card processing has problems dealing with virtual credit card numbers. Their email system internally is all screwed up, and didn't send me a notification email of this trouble, until a couple of weeks later.

- I called them 3 days after placing the order as I had not received an email confirmation. I had to wait almost 20 minutes on hold, but once I got through, I got everything straightened out with the Customer Service rep in about 5 minutes. He was VERY polite and VERY eager to please. I have nothing but the very BEST things to say about this interaction.

- I received my Glock a few days later (at the FFL of course). It was in a Glock factory-sealed box with the seal intact. The contents of the box were exactly as expected, with everything in perfectly new condition, and complete. There was nothing that could have been improved upon.

TGSCOM has a funny feature on their web server: if certain types of errors occur, they display not the default error message, but another one, explaining that their web site developers need to be replaced with smarter, harder working ones, and would you please send your resume if you are interested!!! Clearly, they understand that their web server infrastructure is not what it should be. My experience with the credit card validation, and with the delayed notification email, support this. However, they more than make up for this, IMO, with their EXCELLENT prices and great customer service.

I think I can live with a 20 minute hold time if I am saving $100 or more on the purchase of a gun from this website, over the prices charged elsewhere.

Overall, I encourage people to support TGSCOM and not hesitate to buy from them, based on my one experience shopping there. I would definitely buy from them again.

Just my opinion; your mileage may vary.
Old October 18, 2009, 04:00 PM   #7
Thiokol

JoGusto,

If you want to read FACTUAL horror stories, just take a look at these:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1084153
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1133789
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=908440
Old December 31, 2009, 08:55 AM   #8
gstrong1

TGSCOM

I placed an order with them on 11/25. On 12/30, I called to get the status of my order. I was told that they had just ordered the products that I had ordered. No e-mail notification of any kind. So much for ordering Christmas gifts a month in advance. I'll never buy from them again. Customer service sucks.
Old March 7, 2010, 12:41 PM   #9
glo-wing

TGSCOM feed back

My order is still not showing any Shipping Date! Please send my MTM sportsman utility case (52260) now or please refund my money! 10 days to ship a simple "case" is not good service in my mind; it's even worse paying $8.00 for the poor delivery service.

I'm very dissapointed and will struggle to recommend your company in the future. Actually, I could have sold at least 3 more of these cases from you by now, however the other 2 guys bought them from cheapasdirt.com when they saw the delivery cost and the fact I was still waiting. NICE, huh?

You think you could have at least call me to explain the delay, an email, a letter, anything? Wow what a business model.
Old March 7, 2010, 08:22 PM   #10
Shane Tuttle
Staff

You understand, glo-wing, that this is a feedback forum FOR businesses, NOT a "contact us" section?

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old March 11, 2010, 07:02 PM   #11
wxl

Very surprised.

Bought a G26 couple years ago, excellent price and fairly prompt delivery to my FFL
Old March 28, 2010, 02:30 PM   #12
foghorn leghorn

Quote:
you always get the same 2 people (David or Steve) they screwed me and many others.
"10 webpages and a hoax, they dont answer the phone, yet you always get tom or dick."
I have had good experiences with TGS, and you forgot to mention
their site midwesthuntersoutlet.com. I bought two hi cap mecgar mags for my
Springfield Armory at half the price everybody else wanted. P-14 mags @17.99.
I had to wait one month, cause they were backordered, and when I called to see when they might ship a nice lady answered the phone, not a guy.
I don't think the OP has offered any examples of hoax, or getting screwed over.
Quote:
I accepted the gun when it arrived at my local FFL beceuse I had no way to contact them or get a refund or exchange
whose fault was that. My FFL would have watched out for me, and helped me make a decision. That's why you get a 3 day no fire examination period.
and you said it was the same gun, except the hunter. sounds like you got the better end of that deal, smokey

and why quote others from other hearsay that cant be substantiated.
TSG caters to glock owners, that is their bread and butter.
If you dont want to pay 8.00 for shipping, buy elsewhere. I dont think unless you find a free ship or flat rate ship, you will see much less that 7.00 even on a spring. You buy online to beat the tax, or cause it's not available elsewhere. If you could have been able to walk in a local shop and buy that item, you would have. Me too.
I wanted the mags, but I wanted UPS, they only ship USPS insured, I wasn't happy, especially when what I thought was in stock turned into 30 days.
I bought my pistol, it came with the same mag, and the gunshop wanted 34.00 for extra mags. I almost didn't buy the gun, because Springfield didn't put, or somebody took the mag pouch from the case. I didn't know what to believe.
I bought the pistol, and called the owner to complain, he said SA was getting cheap on what they were putting in the box, so was I supposed to cancel my order? I dont mess up myself to get even with retailers, I find better deals. So I changed my plans on buying the in-store warranty for $30.00 and bought my extra mags elsewhere. But, I wouldn't say I got shafted. I wouldn't get on a public forum and slander the man's business to get even with him.
I had the chance to nix the deal, and so did you.
Old April 12, 2010, 11:42 AM   #13
2ndamend4ever

I noticed that these comments cover several years, with several recent replies. My comment will be in support of TSGCOM. I have ordered items from them over the last year and a half, including a Glock 30, and have never had a problem. After I ordered the Glock, there was apparently a double order and I received an email from them stating that my order would be canceled if I did not confirm that I had ordered 2 of the same item. I called them, the problem was solved (I had only ordered one Glock) and soon after my FFL called saying that the Glock was in. I have since ordered a number of items from them and would not hesitate to order again. 100 percent of my orders have been promptly shipped and arrived to me in perfect condition. The times I have called them about an order, I have had no problem reaching them and they were very polite and helpful.

As a side note, I have absolutely no connection to TSGCOM other than purchasing from them. But I have been very impressed with every interaction I have had with the company.
Old April 16, 2010, 06:27 AM   #14
OhioRedHawksFan

Ordered some parts, holster, and mags from them last July, didn't get and hear anything for a month, multiple contacts and they finally informed me the items were outta stock...cancelled my order and will never do business with them again. MidWay USA costs a bit more but way better!
Old April 26, 2010, 01:38 PM   #15
bamofo666

TGSCOM lie

I made an order of "in stock" items and after a week didn't get a package, so I called them.
It seems their definition of "in stock" means a supplier somewhere has them and they can be ordered, processed, then reshipped to me whenever it is convenient for them to do so.
This is obviously not what "in stock" means and the people at TOP GLOCK are simply liars. They just want your credit card number then you get what you get when you get it.
Some of you may have been lucky and ordered something the really did have in stock, but luck was all it was.
I urge you not to use this company if for no other reason than their lack of integrity. To support such a company is detrimental to us all.
Old June 21, 2010, 11:40 AM   #16
MPSig226

TGSCOM is a shady Internet Business

I viewed their website wile looking for a special Sig P226 Blackwater Tactical gun and saw they had it reasonably priced. I called and talked to Steve to ensure it was "in stock" as shown on their site. Steve confirmed it was. I gave him all of my information. I went to my FFL dealer and asked them to fax their information. Later I visited the site and noticed the item was placed on backorder. I called to make sure I had my gun secured and asked if they had recieved my dealer's info and was informed all was "good". Two weeks passed and I called to see why I had not recieved the gun. They said it was on backorder and I replied NO, it was not on backorder when I placed my order and that I was informed by Steve that he had confirmed the item was in their hands. The P226 Blackwater Tactical value went up in price in a matter of days because Sig anounced that it was no longer going to be shipped or produced. If TGSCOM had the gun in their hands, they either sold it from under me to somebody else or they were gambling on getting one not knowing they would not. Either way, they lied to me and I got the BBB involved (case # 8200115). TGSCOM's responses were nothing but more lies. Be carefull with these guys .... Their reputation, as I found out later, is SHADY.
Old June 21, 2010, 11:55 AM   #17
Mal H
Staff

MPSig226 - questions asked in a poll can't be answered with a checkmark. Please edit your post if you wish to ask questions. The poll has been closed.
Old June 21, 2010, 02:06 PM   #18
Thiokol

There are a bunch of unhappy TGSCOM customers over on Glocktalk. For every buyer that's had a good experience, there are probably 20 who had a bad experience.
Old July 1, 2010, 03:23 PM   #19
jmorri23

I joined this forum just to post how bad tgscom is

Similar problem to bamamofo.

Order stuff website lists as in stock. Got an "in processing" email. Called to find out what it meant. Nice lady said stuff not in stock. No worries, asked her to cancel order. She said no problem. Called me back ten minutes later to say that the two things I ordered had actually shipped already and so they couldn't be cancelled. Again, am happy as I wanted my stuff.

A few days go by and I get an email saying one item shipped. Got the one item more than a week after original order (it certainly didn't ship same day). Another week goes by get another "in processing" email for the other item. Call to check. Different nice lady (at first) says the item is on indefinite back order. Now these are reloading press accessories, each useless without the other. Say OK, am grumpy, related above story to her and said to cancel order. No profanity or anything just said 'uncool.' She hangs up on me.

my website was midwesthuntersupply.com

my replacement midway.com order has already shipped.

John
Old July 26, 2010, 06:30 PM   #20
spec-ops

Avoid ordering through TGSCOM websites

Also had (having) problems with these guys. For details, see my post over in the older topglock thread. I also went through midwesthuntersoutlet.com
Old September 3, 2010, 08:37 AM   #21
jeveret

topglock

This is the worst on line company I have ever dealt with....for crying out loud. Waiting 3 weeks on an order just to be told I can't cancel without being charged 15%. I ordered the items from Midway and it was here in 2 days. But the worst part is when I called .......they were so rude! I'm sorry but that is just not how to run a business.....

It's not much comfort but I felt somewhat better when I checked this forum and found this is pretty much the way Top Glock does business.
Old September 5, 2010, 09:30 AM   #22
ET.

I have had some longer than expected waits for merchandise from these guys, but I have always received what I ordered. Yes, sometimes "in stock" does not mean they have it. They also pulled the "in stock to back order" on me after I ordered an "in stock" item. Yes, their terminology is suspect, but it isn't a scam. I've never lost money ordering from them and I've bought a lot of stuff over the years. But, and I'll say this loud:

A SCAM IS WHEN A COMPANY IS OUT TO STEAL YOUR MONEY. THESE GUYS DON'T DO THAT. THEY DO EVENTUALLY SEND THE MERCHANDISE.
Old September 22, 2010, 08:42 AM   #23
Capt. Dixie

SNAFU to Top Glunk

All of their websites appear only to be mail boxes. My experience was that I ordered gun parts; claimed to be in-stock and it turned-out TG is nothing more than a clearing house where they charge you for the product and they send the product at their leisure. I am reading between the lines here but, it appears they have no warehouse. They simply take your order and then purchase the actual product from their wholesaler(s) and then ship it to you when the receive same.
In the meantime, the beauty for them is they are using someone else's money. All their sites mimic each other and you can always read the fine print and it will same something akin to TopGlock, et al; not related to blah, blah. Due to much litigation against Internet slander and liable in the present; I am relating my own personal experience and it is merely my opinion that I am providing.
Old May 21, 2011, 01:40 AM   #24
Angry Bee

New to forum

Well I am within driving distance to TGSCOM. I was a little unimpressed with the show room but they did have a large back room that does have parts and accessories. Of course I couldn't go back because I'm not an employee. My magazines were not instock at the store or on the web site, but said about a week. Will know for sure on Tuesday. I was impressed with the promptness of the order and was handled in a professional manor.
Old June 8, 2011, 04:22 AM   #25
2ndchance

I've only had one experience with them. It was neither good nor bad. I purchased 5 Sprinco guide rods at an amazing price. They ended up being backordered for 2 weeks. When I received them, they were not guide rods. Instead, they were guide rod plugs!

I immediately called them and pointed out the error. They stated that whoever posted the items on the web page failed to mention it was just the plug for the corresponding guide rods, and used the MFG's description (which was for the guide rods themselves).

They overnighted me a Priority shipping label for the return of the items and I got a full refund within 5 days.

So, my review is mixed. The customer service was wonderful and their prices are very good. However, their web site, follow up, and inventory is questionable...