The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 3, 2002, 02:14 AM   #1
SpazzTrap

Spazz goes full auto!!!!!!!!!

Woo-Hoo!!!

I was in Vegas over the Thanksgiving weekend with one of my pals and we decided to spare the Blackjack tables the profit, and donate our money to a true pro-American organization...The Gun Store, Inc.

I shot a Thompson and an MP-40 at targets resembling the "dictator of your choice"...I chose Saddam...

The Thompson was a blast, if not a little hard to control...still, not punishing.

The MP-40 was an absolute pleasure to shoot, and a very easy weapon to control. My Saddam target has holes in a 7" radius from 15 yards from a 1 pull 50 shot burst....

It was a bit expensive, but something I will always remember....at least until I move to Nevada

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pb290093.jpg (60.1 KB, 506 views)

Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms...sounds like my bachelor party.
Old December 3, 2002, 02:48 AM   #2
voilsb
Registration in progress

Alas, I am too poor to rent full-auto at a range, and *far* too poor to buy and transfer registered full-auto. Once I can, though ... oh yes, then I will.
Old December 3, 2002, 11:26 AM   #3
MarineTech

Somebody check me on this, but that Thompson dosen't look original. It's got the Cutts compensator of the M1928A1 early WW2 model, but the simplified rear sight and side cocking lever of the slightly later M1 model.

Did they rent him a "Frankenthompson" or is this a model I haven't hear of?

- We who are about to die, don't want to. -
Old December 4, 2002, 10:43 AM   #4
fal308
Staff Alumnus

The photo is rather dark upon my viewing it so I can't make out very great detail but the rear sight could be the protected "L" sight that was fitted to later M1s and M1A1s. Also the sight could have been refitted with the later style sight during a rebuild. The gun itself could possibly be an early production M!. I came to the conclusion when reading Frank Iannamico's definitive book of the Thompson that when looking at Thompsons one can never say never as the different manufacturers used up components at different rates (i.e. a 1928 barrel on an M!). They would exhaust a supply before ordering replacement or updated parts. So it could very well be an original or a Frankengun.
Old December 4, 2002, 11:02 AM   #5
Hkmp5sd

Better be careful Spazz. That can be very addicting. Next thing you know, you will be finding excuses as to why you need to buy one. Then you will talk yourself into believing the cost of a full-auto isn't really all that much.

But they are fun!

NRA Life Member