The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 18, 2014, 03:54 PM   #1
Gabe1519

25-45 Sharps?

Has anyone tried reloading this round yet? I was thinking of eventually making an upper dedicated to the 300 Blackout cartridge but this new one looks to be a more promising round. Reloading dies have already been made for this cartridge as well as barrels. Whats more is that you can use the same bolt carrier group and mags as the .223. much like the 300BLK is designed to do. I'll do a bit more research on this one but if anyone has experience with it I'd like to know.

Who knows by the time I actually get setup for this new cartridge another one will show up at the shot show a year later.
Old January 18, 2014, 04:12 PM   #2
PawPaw

When I first looked at your post, I sorta snorted Diet Coke thru my nose. But, it looks like this is a new cartridge introduced at SHOT show last year. The facebook page from the Sharp Rifle Co is dated Sept 2012. I have to admit I've never heard of it.

Reading the facebook page, I see that they use 87 grain bullets, commonly associated with the .250 Savage. I'm not sure what this new cartridge would do that the old Savage wouldn't do, except fit in an AR magazine.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old January 18, 2014, 04:46 PM   #3
Gabe1519

oh I knew it wasn't introduced just recently but its still a relatively new cartridge. I just said that if I started reloading this new round chances are another would be introduced a year later. I actually didn't know about the sharps till this past week. I'm mainly interested in the cartridges that can be made from 223/556 cases and are designed to fit in AR platforms with little configuration.
Old January 18, 2014, 04:59 PM   #4
PawPaw

While you're looking, you might want to look at the TCU family of cartridges, all based on the .223 cartridge.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com