The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old July 31, 2002, 04:15 PM   #1
Drakejake

More on Tom Forrest, Inc

(Excuse my posting in this forum; this is where I posted my origi al message and would like to get it listed here even though it will be moved to another forum. Thanks.)

This is a follow up to a previous message on Forrest Inc. I bought three mags from them. The mags were defective and couldn't even be loaded into and removed from the pistol. They got the mags back on June 24. Despite my repeated requests, and their promise, they have failed to issue me a credit. I spoke again today with Juanita. She told me they wouldn't give me a credit for the $7 shipping cost, only for the cost of the mags themselves. I told her that wasn't acceptable. (I paid $5.90 to send the mags back.) She then said that if I was protesting the whole charge, she wouldn't issue the credit. I don't believe what she says since she told me a week ago she would issue the credit and had failed to do so.

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with over the Internet or over the phone. They are SOBs and I suggest that no one buy from them.

Drakejake
Old July 31, 2002, 04:20 PM   #2
BigG

I'm sorry to hear this. I dealt with Forrest several years ago and the mags came thru exactly as advertised. Colt mags with horseys stamped on floorplate, new, and about 1/3 the price of the same in a gunshop. ($10 vs. $30 ea)

NOTE: You might be able to complain to SGN and make some headway. Forrest is a long time advertiser and SGN has a code of ethics for their advertisers...
o "The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." Assyrian tablet, c. 2800 BC

o "In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain

o "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" Paul Harvey

o TODAY WE CARVE OUT OUR OWN OMENS! Leonidas, Thermopylae, 480 BC
Old July 31, 2002, 05:39 PM   #3
D.W. Drang

Is this Forrst, Inc., of Lakeside CA, AKA gunmags.com?
Whew! ALMOST ordered from them...

OTOH, what brand of mags...? Are they factory or after market, for what gun, and they aren't military surplus, are they?
http://thecluemeter.blogspot.com/
Old July 31, 2002, 05:52 PM   #4
BigG

FORREST, CO.

OOPS!! Different Forrest! My Forrest is in Yuma AZ. I still think he is reputable. I would still recommend him based on my purchase. Come to think of it maybe I need some more mags. You can never have too many...
o "The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." Assyrian tablet, c. 2800 BC

o "In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain

o "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" Paul Harvey

Old July 31, 2002, 06:30 PM   #5
Mal H
Staff

BigG - After a little sleuthing, I believe the two Forrests are one and the same. Look at the write up here: http://www.auto-ordnance.com/pr_gw0701.html
See the blurb under "Magazines". Company owner name's the same and fax phone number is the same as on www.gunmags.com . They must have two addresses or recently moved to CA.
Old July 31, 2002, 09:24 PM   #6
Blackhawk

DrakeJake, if you paid with a credit card, just call your issuer and protest the whole charge. They "haf vays uf dealink" with unscrupulous vendors. Amazing how reasonable the vendors get....
Old July 31, 2002, 10:57 PM   #7
BigG

Thanks, Mal.

One further thing I would like to request:

Please specify the make and model of whatever you are complaining about. For example, many of us know there are magazines and then there are magazines.

It is two differnet things to try to buy the cheapest magazines for some obscure suspect quality pistol and to buy factory mags for a known pistol.

I bought Colt mags for a Colt pistol, for example.

This is completely different than buying a USA brand mag for a Lorcin both of which probably never worked right in the first place.

If they are indeed the same company (I believe you Mal) I would at least like to know the details of what is objected to.

Thanks!

Old August 16, 2002, 08:44 AM   #8
Sling Shot

DrakeJake, Forrest has a bad reputation. I was ripped by them years ago. I paid for genuine new in wrap Colt preban mags. I was sent knock offs with rusted base plates out of wrap. They also charged my card for $20 more than price they asked. Check the ar15.com website. There used to be numerous threads about their BS.

Best advice for you. Dispute it through your credit card card company. I know for a fact my bank will connect a three way call
with the company. This definitely gets their attention. SS
Old August 16, 2002, 08:54 AM   #9
Sling Shot

BigG, if Shotgun News had a code of ethics, Forrest would have been banned a long time ago. Bottom line, it's all about money.

Do a search over at ar15.com. There used to be numerous uglies about Forrest.

I would not recommned them to anyone unless I was piss*d at them. SS