The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old July 2, 2006, 09:50 PM   #1
CrustyFN

Inserting a picture

I am having some trouble putting a picture in my post. I uploaded a picture and put it in an earlier post. It won't let me upload the picture again. It keeps refering me to my other post. I did a right click and and went to properties. I high lighted the address did a right click and copy. I went back to my new post. Went into the attachments and right clicked on the URL and did paste. It keeps comming up invalid address. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.
Rusty
Old July 2, 2006, 10:02 PM   #2
Don H

Might get more response in Tech Support.
Old July 2, 2006, 10:05 PM   #3
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
It keeps comming up invalid address. What am I doing wrong
Are you sure you're copying the full address to the clipboard?

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old July 2, 2006, 11:32 PM   #4
Mal H
Staff

CrustyFN - It's true that you can upload an attachment only once and you can't use the TFL URL of an attachment to upload in a new post. But, all is not lost. In the same manner you got the URL of the attachment, copy only the "attachmentid" number (usually a 5 digit number). In your new post paste that number between "attach" tags. That way you can use the same attachment in several different posts.

The "attach" tags will look like the following:
[attach]19186[/attach]
and will produce a link to your image like this:
Attachment 19186

Or you can use the complete URL of the attachment and paste it between img tags to have the picture show up immediately (as Capt Charlie said above, it must be the complete URL from "http" to the end):

The tag/URL will look like this:
[img]http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19186[/img]
and will produce this:

Thanks to IM_Lugger for the use of his image. It was the first one I ran across.
Old July 3, 2006, 05:38 AM   #5
CrustyFN

[IMG]

It worked. Thanks for your help.
Rusty
Old July 3, 2006, 07:46 AM   #6
Mal H
Staff

It did indeed. However, you don't need the extra set of [IMG][/IMG] tags. Looks like you manually inserted a set of img tags and also used the "Insert Image" button ( ). You should use one or the other, not both.