The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 5, 2013, 12:16 PM   #26
Real Gun

Quote:
LAH - I wondered why you asked: "What should I take from that comment?" Just didn't fit the storyline.
We're no longer productive with this topic, but I should explain that the reply seem to imply that, silly me, I didn't need a funnel. That did not contribute anything but served to degrade my simple attempt to participate. The poster has made repeated amends, but the rest of us can't leave it alone. We should follow the rule of discussing the topic rather than the process of discussion.
Old July 5, 2013, 01:05 PM   #27
mikld

Well, back when I was a bartender I could hit a shot glass from 10 feet, pouring from a qt. bottle, and narry spill a drop.

Funny thing about forums; someone can post a solution to a problem they had and 34 folks will tell him about their methods and/or try to make the OP's solution worthless...
Old July 5, 2013, 01:25 PM   #28
arizona98tj

Quote:
I've used the same plastic kitchen funnel for the last 25 years. Back when I bought it, I doubt it was even a bucks worth. It's stained inside by all the graphite that's rubbed off the powder that's gone through it.
Were it not for the fact that I bought my funnel back in the '70s, I believe I might have your funnel's twin sitting on my reloading bench.
Old July 6, 2013, 10:06 AM   #29
Domino300

I just use my hand as a funnel by placing the thumb and first finger around the mouth of the bottle. Faster than a funnel and no problem with spilling. Don't do this if your hand is wet or greasy.
Old July 6, 2013, 08:03 PM   #30
orionengnr

Given my limited and largely unsatisfying experiences with Unique...I'm just as likely to sprinkle it on my lawn as put it back in the bottle...

Just kidding.

Maybe.
Old July 6, 2013, 09:04 PM   #31
LAH

Quote:
Given my limited and largely unsatisfying experiences with Unique...I'm just as likely to sprinkle it on my lawn as put it back in the bottle...
HEE HEE
Old July 7, 2013, 06:36 PM   #32
Idaho Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionengnr
Given my limited and largely unsatisfying experiences with Unique...I'm just as likely to sprinkle it on my lawn as put it back in the bottle..
If you'd like, I'll take that Unique and in return send you equal amounts (by volume) of fertilizer...