The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 7, 2007, 05:30 PM   #1
GreyFox

Concealed Shoulder holster pics please

I reccentlly purchased a Galco shoulder holster for my P229r and my father tells me that the proper way to wear the holster is with the pistol hanging low, somewhat near the waist. I feel more comfortable drawing it and it seems more secure drawing it higher up right under my arm.I hardly ever wear a dress jacket unless im going to a wedding. Is there a way to wear the holster where it is concealed with normal every day clothes. or is it designed to pretty much just be tucked away under a blazer. The gentlemen I purchased the holster from also said he didn't like wearing the tie downs, he said he felt restricted, any one have any comments on that as well? Anyone that could send pics with their shoulder holsters concealed would be great. I searched for related topics and havn't come across them so I hope i'm not beating a dead horse. Thank you all in advance.
Old January 7, 2007, 05:54 PM   #2
Dwight55

Greyfox, . . . I have a Galco knockoff, . . . for my 1911 in .45 ACP. I wear it under a larger tee shirt, . . . under a short sleeved shirt, . . . under a black leather vest, . . . under my blazer, sport coat, denim jacket, . . . it is my favorite carry if I have to do a lot of in/out of the vehicle that day.

Wear yours with two things in mind, . . . your comfort, . . . your ability to access the weapon. No disrespect intended to your father, . . . but if he is not wearing it, . . . then his comments just are not credible.

Mine rides high under my left arm, . . . pointed upwards at about a 45 degree angle, . . . with two 8 rd mags under my right arm to off set the weight of it, . . . and it wears good all day. Mine has a thumb release and when it is released, a slight downward tug releases the weapon, . . . and we're off to the races.

Watch for a PM, . . . I read a good post some time back, . . . if I find it, . . . I'll send it to you.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!
Old January 7, 2007, 06:11 PM   #3
GreyFox

thanks dwight much appriciated. Mine is all so under my left arm double mag under right, its a shame b/c the shoulder holster is soo comfortable, and balanced. its more comfortable than wearing a tank top. I tried wearing some of the largest t shirts i own with out looking rediculous but i guess because of the size of the firearm, compared to the size of me,... maybe it just won't work. if it was a vertical holster i might have a better chance, but i didn't know any better. the mag side looks fine, but the pistol looks like im smuggling a kid in the side of my shirt.