The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 12, 2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Dragline45

Beretta M9A1 Holsters

Just put a Beretta M9A1 on layaway today and am shopping around for holsters. From what I understand molded leather and kydex holsters for the regular M9 and 92FS will not work since the M9A1 has an accessory rail. I was told the holsters for the Beretta Vertex will work with the M9A1 but my choices are limited. Would appreciate any help if someone could point me in the right direction. Looking for either an OWB leather holster or shoulder rig. Until I can find one I'll pick up a cheap blackhawk to hold me over.
Old March 13, 2013, 06:41 AM   #2
ShipWreck

Unfortunately, there is not much out there. Some custom leather holster makers can fix ya up. But, they will cost a little more. Go check out the Beretta Forum. There is a thread about this topic there. However things are limited.

I did buy a Vertec Comptac IWB holster a few years ago - it is for my MA1. But, as time has passed, many holster makes have sopped offering the vertec holsters..
Old March 13, 2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Dragline45

I actually found exactly what I was looking for on the Don Hume site. May put in an order for two of these in case they drop that holster at some point.

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...products_id=42
Old March 13, 2013, 12:23 PM   #4
ClydeFrog

Points, purchases...

You(unlike a few TFLers) posted a detailed question & made the great point about the 1913 rail issue, which may cause problems with a few holster designs.

In general, I'd advise calling or checking first before you buy any M9a1 rig so you are fully aware of the design or if it's available.
Due to the 2013 mania & huge demands, some holster shops or firms are way, way behind.
Here are a few respected & popular names to check. Kydex or polymer made be faster. The High Noon Skin Tite line is a value & they are fast if you like the holsters.
See: Kramer Holsters(known for horsehide & sidearm rigs), El Paso Saddlery, Ted Blocker Holsters, Alessi, DeSantis, Galco, Bianchi-intl, Blackhawk SERPA, COM Holsters, Blade-tech, Kirkpatrick Leather, Tex Shoemaker, Don Hume, Unkle Mikes/Michaels of OR, Ken Null, Lawman LeatherGoods, Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen.

CF
PS; keep us posted with what you select & how you like it.
Old March 13, 2013, 11:28 PM   #5
Dragline45

Clyde thanks for the list of holstermakers, I bookmarked them all for future reference. Will post an update when I get both the gun and choose a holster. Probably going with the Don Hume as it is reasonably priced and I have had good luck with them in the past. Sent them an e-mail also to see if the M9A1 will work with their 92/96 Vertec holster, theoretically it should.