The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old May 19, 2005, 11:10 AM   #1
JackHurst99

need help with h&r identification

I have a frame for a Harrington & Richardson single shot and I had wanted to get a barrell, stock, etc. for the gun, however the frame does not indicated model number or even gauge of shotgun. serial# AT203624 and patent# 3988846, lists as made in Gardner, MA. I called New England Firearms/HR1871 and was told that this gun was made by Harrington & Richardson which is bankrupt and NEF is not affiliated and cannot provide any information. the frame has the side release lever next to the trigger like the NEF rifle and shotguns do, has what seems to be plastic trigger guard, and looks just like the NEF single shot frames. I was just curious as to whether anybody knows of a website that gives information on Harrington & Richardson guns. I just want to be able to determine model and gauge so that I can get parts for the gun.
Old May 19, 2005, 12:46 PM   #2
Tim DeClaire

H&R reply

Based on your serial (AT prefix) number your firearm was manufactured circa 1979 and is most likely a Pardner series shotgun. Remember most likely. You would be better off going to a gunsmith/reputable dealer to find out what gauge/caliber it is. They will probably see if other Pardner model barrels fit it. You may be able to further it along by checking with a friend who has an H&R Pardner 12 or 20 gauge to see if the barrel fits only if your receiver is clean.
Old May 19, 2005, 01:10 PM   #3
JackHurst99

I appreciate the assistance