The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old May 15, 2005, 07:40 AM   #1
Old Shooter

CZ 52 serial number

My 52 was shipped to my dealer and I can pick it up on Wednesday. He has the serial number of the one shipped and says it ends in "N". He thinks that it may be an unissued gun.

He doesn't think he was mistaken about it because he was looking at the inventory invoice on the guns coming in and not the gun itself. He has 2 52's on the list and I'm pretty sure he said both ended in "N".

Any idea?
Old May 20, 2005, 06:34 AM   #2
Old Shooter

Well I picked up my CZ 52 yesterday. There is no "n" in the serial number but it does appear to be unissued. It has a 1953 manufacture date and came with a NOS holster, two mags and a manual. Nice gun - I'll shoot it today if it ever stops storming.
Old May 23, 2005, 01:26 PM   #3
novus collectus

I looked at mine and one has an "S" looking letter/symbol before the serial number and one has a "K" looking letter/symbol after the serial number and is followed by "rid" on the frame but it only has the "K" following the serial number on the barrel????? Maybe it has to do with the finish or which branch of the military it was issued to? The one with the "S" preceding the number has a phostphate finish and and the other is blue. This is starting to make me wonder as well.

Btw, look at the top of the slide and look closely for a small punch mark or a group of punch marks. It is usually above where the barrell is somwhere behind the front sight. I have been told that 1 punch mark means it was tested as the most accurate and it can go up to 5 which means the least accurate when tested. My phosphate one has only one punch mark .