The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old May 3, 2001, 10:09 AM   #1
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

May 5 & 6 Harrisburg, Pa. 1200 tables Farm Show Complex, I - 81 exit 23 Cameron St.

I'll probably be there Saturday morning.
Old May 3, 2001, 11:30 AM   #2
Dead

Wow I am in King Of Prussia right now, I can almost walk there!!! I might check it out Saturday before I leave to go back home...
Old May 3, 2001, 12:01 PM   #3
jthuang

Will be there Sunday morning, see you all there.

Justin
Old May 3, 2001, 01:06 PM   #4
swatman

Will definately be there saterday, maybe even sunday too

www.humanityonhold.com/intifada.html
Old May 4, 2001, 02:53 AM   #5
ROSANGHAL

Will be there Saturday morning. There is a possiblity of going on Sunday. Hope to see y'all there.

Ross T.
Old May 4, 2001, 06:57 AM   #6
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

1200 tables of guns guns guns ammo ammo ammo and other goodies!!! What more can any of you ask for??
Old May 4, 2001, 07:43 AM   #7
Dead

Is this right outside of Philly???????
Old May 4, 2001, 07:46 AM   #8
Dead

Ouch, looks like I am NOT making it there, as it is about 100 miles out of my way to get there (each way).
Old May 7, 2001, 02:39 PM   #9
Tall Man

Son, I may have seen you...

are you a short fellow that was wearing a bandanna on his head, or were you this individual's taller friend?

I didn't want to seem presumptious and introduce myself, if it would have been a case of mistaken identity.

Tall Man
Old May 7, 2001, 07:41 PM   #10
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

Yep. That was I! Bandana and Hawaiian shirt on The taller fellow with glasses was my buddy Ross (ROSANGHAL). You should've said hi!
Old May 8, 2001, 11:09 AM   #11
Tall Man

I thought that was you!

I recognized you from your pics on Trop's website, and from your articulate conversation with your friend about some gun issue.

I did shadow you a bit, wondering if I should say hello... Next time I'm at Trop and you're there, I'll introduce myself.

Tall Man

P.S. - What can you tell me about the Romanian AK that sits next to the shotguns in the rack behind the pistol counter? My curiousity is piqued. Thanks.
Old May 8, 2001, 02:14 PM   #12
ROSANGHAL

Hi Tall Man

Wish you would have introduced yourself. Son and I were wondering how many other forum members where there. We just didn't know anyones faces. It would have been nice to put a face to forum name.

You probably overheard us talking about the checkering we were eyeing up on a Garthwaite custom 1911 we found while walking around.

You pick up anything nice?

If I was wearing glasses when you saw us it was only to make a fasion statement

Had a good time there, unfortunately, I walked out of there emty handed! I must be slipping. My wife wondered if I was feeling ok when I came home without anything hidden under my shirt or hidden in the back of the vehicle

Ross T.
Old May 8, 2001, 02:39 PM   #13
Tall Man

Hey Ross

Well, I did finally find some 9mm Luger ammunition in my preferred 124 grain (American Eagle.) I seem to purchase my ammo from the same fellow, who is at EVERY central PA gun show, just as I am!

PMC and Winchester are nice for plinking, too, but they are just 115 grain. I've been advised on numerous occasions that 115 grain is really the lower threshold of what I should be feeding my Glock 19. I just feel more comfortable feeding Greta a round that has a few more nutrients in it.

["Greta??" (snicker snicker) "Looky - that Tall Man fellow names his guns! Har har!"]

Yea, well I'm sure some folks reading this post have assigned de facto anthropomorphic properties to certain objects in their possession, too.

I also purchased the requisite MRE - Chicken w/noodles and vegatables this time. These things are still a novelty to me, and for $3.00 you just get so many goodies!

Maybe I'll see you & Son at the next show...I believe it's at Sports City in Harrisburg in July.

Tall Man
Old May 9, 2001, 08:52 AM   #14
Tall Man

Oops..

"Maybe I'll see you & Son at the next show...I believe it's at Sports City in Harrisburg in July."

Incorrect.

It will in fact occur at the York Blast, an indoor soccer arena, on 28/29 July. On Interstate 83, get off at exit 11/Emigsville, and follow the signs.

Tall Man