The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 28, 2011, 11:13 AM   #1
Hardcase

New Exhibit at the Gene Autry Museum: Colts!

This just showed up in my inbox from Gun Digest:

"The Autry National Center announces the grand reopening of the Greg Martin Colt Gallery on July 23, 2011, featuring The Colt Revolver in the American West, an exhibition that explores the history of Samuel Colt’s revolutionary revolver in the American West. The opening also coincides with the celebration of Day of the Cowboy and Cowgirl at the Autry."

http://www.gundigest.com/handgun-rev...-american-west

All of you poor Southern California folks better high tail it over there to take a gander!
Old July 30, 2011, 05:51 AM   #2
rodent.22

You folks in the eastern US within distance of Lexington, Va should visit the Virginia Military Institute Museum, a tremendous collection of early cased Colts, rifles, shotguns and handguns from the Paterson era. Hardcase sure sounds like the Autry Museum is a great place....have you been to Cody Wyoming to the Buffalo Bill Center?
Old July 30, 2011, 05:10 PM   #3
Hardcase

Yep, I've been to Cody a few times. It's the Holy Grail of Winchesterism!