The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old May 20, 2009, 02:38 AM   #1
m-85

Rohm Gesellschaft mod. 23

i got a Rohm Gesellschaft (RG) model 23 from my grandpa. it was in pretty bad shape but it fired about 4 out of 6 times (could be do 2 the ammo) regardless in need cleaned bad! I took it apart and cleaned it and when i put it together the trigger will stick back all the way. I can see a small spring im pretty sure thats the prob. I have a Kel-Tec p-11 some times the same thing happens with it but i can fix it easy but im stumped with this one. Can anyone help or does anyone have a manual for it. I dont want to take it 2 a smith cause the guns only worth $20 or so n 4 one 2 look at it would cost more than the gun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC0756.jpg (218.2 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0760.jpg (218.6 KB, 83 views)
Old May 20, 2009, 10:52 AM   #2
fast-eddie

Trigger

That trigger looks like it's going to hit the trigger guard, I almost bought one but they want $110 buck. I figured to much.
Old May 20, 2009, 12:39 PM   #3
James K
Member In Memoriam

M-85, I am glad you have a realistic view of the worth of that gun. Sometimes people spend a lot of money trying to get such guns fixed.

I think I know the problem, though. That revolver's trigger return spring is a small mousetrap type spring that is pinned to the trigger guard. You need a slave pin to install the trigger guard.

Here's what you do. Remove the trigger guard and find the spring which is probably in there someplace. The front of the trigger guard has a part with a hole through it; the pin that goes in from the outside goes through that hole to hold the trigger guard in but it also holds the trigger spring in place.

Make a short pin that is a loose fit in the hole and just long enough to fit through the guard. Put it through the guard, and through the loop in the spring, with the arms of the spring to the rear. Insert the guard, making sure the spring engages the trigger to pull it forward. Hold everything in place while you make sure things work. Then insert the regular guard pin into the frame and drive it through, driving the slave pin out at the same time.

Read this a couple of times until you understand it, then give it a try.

Good luck.

Jim
Old May 20, 2009, 03:41 PM   #4
m-85

thanks i know where the L shaped

thanks i know where the L shaped spring goes to make the trigger go back into place.I cant get the hammer to go in n make it work right. Also i cant get the trigger guard off either. I think the spring has 2 fit in on the hammer some were not having any luck tho. Heres some pics of the pin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hammer1.jpg (235.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg pin.jpg (215.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg pin2.jpg (253.6 KB, 40 views)
Old May 21, 2009, 12:04 AM   #5
James K
Member In Memoriam

I assume you mean the pin that is sort of at an angle in there. That looks like the hand pin (part of the hand) that belongs in a hole in the trigger (not in the hammer). I have no idea how it could have come out unless the trigger is broken, but it sure shouldn't be where it is. That is what is blocking the trigger and keeping the hammer from going in.

You should be able to remove the trigger guard by driving out (L to R) the trigger guard pin, which is the front one below the cylinder. Then the trigger guard should come forward, down and out. Removing the trigger pin (the rear one) should allow the trigger to come out.

If something serious is broken, remember what you said first about the gun's value and consider it an heirloom for wall hanging.

BTW, I don't know how that friends business works, but if you want to contact me off line, my e-mail address is in my profile.

Jim

Last edited by James K; May 21, 2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old May 21, 2009, 07:37 PM   #6
tazz7002

rg23

i probalby know where u can get parts if needed,new there wre about 30 to 40 bucks buth if heirloom it is pricless to u..
Old May 21, 2009, 10:15 PM   #7
m-85

where can i get the parts i need?
Old May 21, 2009, 11:23 PM   #8
m-85

I got it all together now the hammer goes back nicely trigger goes back when i pull the hammer. Its almost finished the only thing now is the hammer dosent quite hit the firing pin so when i put a bullet in it noting happens. Anyone know how 2 fix that........Thanks guys 4 helping me get this thing re-assembled and (almost) working.

Tags
gesellschaft , revolver , rg mod 23 , rohm