The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 27, 2002, 12:28 AM   #1
Drjones

Got my Kydex Tuckable holster!!!

Wow. Just got my Kydex Tuckable IWB for my Beretta 96 from www.fist-inc.com

First of all, they said on the phone and their site that there is about a two week wait. Well, I ordered mine last thursday, and here it is Friday, and its on my hip!

[color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] their kydex is THIN!!! They are NOT kidding when they say "Ultra-thin kydex"!!! It is VERY low-profile. However, it still retains shape perfectly for one-handed reholstering.

I was planning on wearing it in front, about 1 or 2 o'clock position, but that doesn't seem to work incredibly well. Strong side hip (right for me) seems like its going to be my best bet.

Where do you all carry? Hip, front, SOB? Where???

Anyway, to anyone looking for one, I HIGHLY recommend these holsters. Fits my gun perfectly, shipped in HALF the time they said, and pretty cheap. (I think around $70 shipped 2nd day air!)

Regards,
Drjones
Old July 30, 2002, 10:29 PM   #2
tommygun45

Just got mine today

I just recieved my Tuckable today. As usual FIST-INC delivered a great produt in record time. I ordered it less than a week ago. I'm very partial to my KY-TAC Braveheart holsters and will most likely use the Tuckable for special occations or a deep cover gun. This holster is supper thin and my Kahr P-9 totaly disappears under a tucked in shirt. This is great for thoes times when a tucked in polo shirt and Dockers are the uniform of the day. Man I wish I ordered this thing soner. Now If Kahr will get off their butt and send me my slide back I'll be in business. A three week wait just to have a front night sight put on .
Old August 1, 2002, 08:07 PM   #3
tommygun45

Well Kahr finally came through. After a few rounds to check that the zero hadn't changed I took the P-9 and Fist Tuckable out for a test run. This is the first time in 5 years I've had a polo shirt tucked in with out needing to wear a vest over the top . This thing dissappears. My CCW savy girlfriend couldn't even tell I was packing, she even tried the bump frisk(ok ok it was a hug frisk) and missed it. The draw is a bit slower than my Kimber in a Ky-Tac Bravehart, but for concealability, this rig is the way to go.
Old August 1, 2002, 08:24 PM   #4
Drjones

I told ya so!!!

Glad you like it...
Old August 12, 2002, 07:28 PM   #5
Drjones

*Update!*

Still love this thing!!!

Works great, even WITHOUT an undershirt between my skin & the holster. Actually, when I do sweat a little, it becomes even MORE comfortable as the sweat acts as a lubricant.

I could imagine leather becoming sticky and incredibly UNcomfortable, especially when sweaty. Not to mention staining... Ugh....

Anyhow, still a great holster. Works best at 12 o'clock. Easiest to conceal, and most comfortable when driving.

Cheers
Drjones
Old August 12, 2002, 09:04 PM   #6
tommygun45

Great concealment

I agree with you about the great concealment. My Kahr P-9 totaly disapears under a tucked in polo or T-shirt. I'm not really sure about the 12o'clock position for me(big gut). I like mine right about 3o'clock. This is a great solution for thoes times when an untucked shirt or vest would seem in appropriate.