The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 21, 2002, 11:08 PM   #1
windknot

Anyone tried Sparks belts?

Looking for a quality gun belt. I am really satisfied with the Sparks VMII so I'm thinking of trying on one of their belts also. Anyone tried one? How do you like it? Pros, cons? With their reputation I'm sure their belts are top notch also but would still like to hear some first hand experiences. Thanks in advance. Ron
Old January 21, 2002, 11:21 PM   #2
Cactus

I have had a Sparks belt for a few years now. The quality is top notch as one would expect from Sparks. The one I have now is a 1-1/2" and I have a 1-1/4" on order.

The only thing I don't like about it is the square buckle, I prefer a half buckle, but this is just a matter of personal taste.

I don't think you will be dissapointed with the belt if you decide to get one. The only problem is, which one!
Old January 21, 2002, 11:32 PM   #3
sgoeing

I have a 1.5 in sparks and love it. I have had it about 2 years. It supports my glock 30 in a vmII and a p7 in an alessi talon plus perfectly. I lost one of the fasteners and they sent me several free of charge within a couple days. Can't beat that.
Michael Goeing
Old January 22, 2002, 09:00 AM   #4
Bartholomew Roberts

Its quality, the same as everything else they make. I bet you could tow trucks with the 1.5" I have - its a sturdy belt. My only complaint is that they are kind of limited in their styles and selections.
Old January 25, 2002, 01:21 AM   #5
Jay Baker

I have a 1 1/2" M.Sparks belt, and couldn't be more pleased. Supports my Colt's Govt. Model for IDPA, or my usual CCW Colt's Lightweight Commander, very well.

Can't go wrong with one.

FWIW. J.B.