http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=357732

how it ended here,

http://media.wildcat.arizona.edu/med...-3740830.shtml
Old May 15, 2009, 02:56 PM   #2
KingEdward

all's well that ends well.
Old May 15, 2009, 03:06 PM   #3
Nate1778

you do have to love some of the responses though.........

Here is how I heard the story in my mind:

Drunk college chick shows up at dudes house after he got off work and realized he was alone. Drunk college chick wanted into dudes house cause there was a restroom inside as well as a party. Now the big question, is "What is wrong with dude?" I can remember not to many years ago I prayed a drunk chick showed up at my door for a party at 5am. You know your dealing with gun people when your first question is should I kill her.

I guarantee you I know what some of you were thinking, and killing wasn't it........
Old May 15, 2009, 08:44 PM   #4
UniversalFrost

ok, i live near tucson, why doesn't something like that happen to me. heck i should leave my door unlocked more often just some some drunk college chick will wander in

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old May 16, 2009, 04:20 PM   #5
kgpcr

Kind of funny that 3 cops could not pick a guy up. What a bunch of wussies!
Smith M&P 40
Old May 16, 2009, 04:42 PM   #6
curt.45

may as well close this one too.
Old May 17, 2009, 02:19 AM   #7
BikerRN

Curt,

Thank you for posting the "follow-up.

It seems to me that the officer went above and beyond what many of us would have in this situation. I never advocated killing the intruder, but by the same token, the female that thinks there is a party in my home and wants to use my bathroom is not coming in.

The gun is one of only several tools available. The first tool at my disposal is mere presence, then verbal, etc, etc. I think you are smart enough to recognize what I'm trying to say.

Not all situations are "shooting" situations. That does not mean that a drunk female could not turn in to a shooting situation. Each scenario is different, just as everyone is different and has different past expiriences to draw from as "cues" to a possible situation.

To the average person, seeing a person with his hands at the midline with his shirt grasped in his fist is just posturing or an attempt at trying to control anger. To me it is a sign that the person has a gun and is going to probably go for it.

See, different life expiriences. I already know that no stranger is going to stay in my home after they have come in uninvited. That does not mean that a firearm is how I will make them leave.

Biker
Old May 17, 2009, 11:12 AM   #8
samurai30047

A scumbags a scumbag

I currently work in a max prison but I used to work in a female prison. It ain't the fun and games most people envision. They are the lyingest conivingist, set you up in a minute, kill their kids, doper low lifes you ever want to meet. Often they commit their violent crimes with the assistence of a boyfriend or baby daddy. I've yet to meet a smart cop that leaves his door open when he comes home from work or working in the yard. The cop is lucky she didn't just come inside and then claim she was raped. I'm a red blooded American Man but an intruder is an intruder and I'm not being a good sport.
Old May 18, 2009, 01:51 AM   #9
Blue Steel

First thing to address from the linked thread is the lack of understanding concerning the castle doctrine by some of the posters. The castle doctrine does not allow you to shoot anyone that comes in your house. Castle laws are generally "no need to retreat" type laws that say if you are confronted with an attacker you have no need to retreat in your own home before defending yourself. Another concept of many castle laws is civil immunity if your shooting is found justifiable by the criminal court system. People who are excited about the prospect of taking a human life have either never seen someone die, or are sick.

Second thing, if I opened my door for a drunk girl who couldn't figure out that she had the wrong house she would be met with a wrist lock and swift kick in the ass while I put her out the door. Also, keep a eye out over her shoulder in case she is the unlikely decoy of a home invasion crew. The reality is that home invasions are exceedingly rare (except for people invading dope dealers homes), and drunks banging on the wrong door happens every weekend. She most likely is what she appears to be, and in no way do her actions raise her to a threat level that justifies deadly force.
Old May 18, 2009, 02:42 AM   #10
Kmar40

Quote:
The reality is that home invasions are exceedingly rare (except for people invading dope dealers homes),.
I'm with you except for that part, especially as it applies to Tucson, Phoenix or any other place along the southern border. Home invasions, burglary, and car theft are quite common. Almost everyone I know suffered one or more of the above. And I lived in the good neighborhoods there.
Old May 18, 2009, 04:10 PM   #11
markj

I had this happen to me, but the girl heaved on my screen door when I wouldnt let her in. What a mess I had to clean up.....
Old May 18, 2009, 05:48 PM   #12
David Armstrong

Quote:
First thing to address from the linked thread is the lack of understanding concerning the castle doctrine by some of the posters. The castle doctrine does not allow you to shoot anyone that comes in your house. Castle laws are generally "no need to retreat" type laws that say if you are confronted with an attacker you have no need to retreat in your own home before defending yourself. Another concept of many castle laws is civil immunity if your shooting is found justifiable by the criminal court system. People who are excited about the prospect of taking a human life have either never seen someone die, or are sick.
+1. That is the reason I posted the article, to try to get some of the folks that talk about "I'll shoot anyone trying to get in my home (or in my home)" and "don't take any chances, shoot whenever you can, don't wait because it might be too late" and similar positions that have been presented here or in other forums to maybe think a bit about what they are proposing.
Old May 20, 2009, 02:28 PM   #13
RockyTop

Quote:
He said the woman was in drum line and had gone to a drum line after-party. He thought she was spending the night there. He thanked the officer and took her into his custody.
Well, one time, at band camp...