The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 13, 2012, 12:36 PM   #1
six-gun-saint

GP-100 Dropleg holster?

I recently traded my .40 S&W for a Ruger GP-100 .357 with a 6" barrel. I have been looking for a buscadero, dropleg or cowboy rig. my main use would be going around my property, where concealment is not an issue. I already have a decent drop belt, but I need the holster. Any help would be appreciated.
Old August 13, 2012, 01:55 PM   #2
jrhilde

I like working with leather and own a GP100 and if memory serves, I think I have at least three pretty decent holsters I made for the GP---are you asking for a holster that the belt loop would go thru a slot in a wider portion of the belt? In some cases, after the holster is looped into the belt, it is not intended to be removeable---is this what we are talking about? If we are on the same page, let me know and I'll get some photos of what I have posted so that you can decide if any of them would work for you-----John
Old August 13, 2012, 01:58 PM   #3
jrhilde

Hang on to that Ruger, they are outstanding guns ---- I've had a number of Smith's, all excellant top notch guns, never a problem with them, but the one I intend to keep is the GP-----
Old August 15, 2012, 07:55 AM   #4
six-gun-saint

When I got the drop belt, it had a removable 4" triple K holster with snaps on the back to remove it from the belt. It was a nice set up, but didn't have a gun to fit that small of a holster.