The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 5, 2008, 02:57 AM   #1
random_alias

Which magazines most closely match Colt 1911 7 rounders?

I carry a 1911 and use standard Colt 7 round magazines.

I really like the design of this magazine/cuff carrier but I'm not sure if it'll work with 1911 magazines. They don't list it for a 1911 but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't work just fine.

Anyway, here's a link to the carrier.

http://www.streichers.com/ProductDet...MAG&Prod=SF-72

They list various gun models and if anyone knows if those magazines are close in size to the Colt 1911 magazines, please let me know. I'd like to try this item out but need to know which model would have the closest fit.

Thanks.
Old February 5, 2008, 04:10 PM   #2
parrothead2581

I don't believe it will. If that link is correct, those pistols look like they are of the double stack variation. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

The answer to this may be obvious but, will this be for a duty rig? If not, you may want to try the Galco COP Magazine carrier. http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...156&t=11082005

I love mine. It can be worn vertical or horizontal, looped onto the belt or snapped and has dual tension screws. It wil need to be broken in. Even with the tension screws loose the magazines are still quite tight. They appear to have just gone up in price. They were $36 not that long ago.

Best of luck
Old February 10, 2008, 10:30 PM   #3
random_alias

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Yes, this will be for duty carry. I can probably insert something into the carriers to make them hold the 1911 single stack magazines snug. I just need to know which model most closely matches the 1911 magazine size.