The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 20, 2014, 10:06 AM   #1
HeadHunter

Firearms trainer interviews at 2014 SHOT Show

The SHOT Show is the only place we trainers have a chance to meet and greet annually. So, I had a brainstorm to conduct a seven question interview with as many trainers as I could. I was able to snag 20 for interviews. Each trainer will get his/her own writeup and I will do a final summation of the commonalities. This article is an overview of the series.
Quote:
Each year, the SHOT Show is the largest gathering of the firearms industry and related industries. However, SHOT is not just about product. A great deal of networking also takes place at the Show. Almost every firearms trainer in the industry attends SHOT.

The training community often bemoans the fact that most firearms owners either don’t take training or take only the required minimum. SHOT Show 2014 then provided a venue for interviewing a group of trainers about why they think training has value and what they personally work on with their students.
http://exm.nr/1eMQ7v3

"You can't go as deep [in] training as in a race or a fight. If you don't compete it's easy to convince yourself you're going hard. You're not." — Mark Twight