The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 6, 2007, 09:41 AM   #1
asteffens

Benelli Super Black Eagle

I have a Benelli Super Black Eagle and just purchased a Tacstar 8 shot magazine extension. The extension simply screws on to the current magazine in place of the magazine cap. When I went to add the extension to my shot-gun, I realized there is a manufactured cap that is included on my original magazine that will not allow shells to pass through into the magzine extension. I am not sure how to remove this or what I should do to be able to use my magazine extension. Anyone know what to do in this situation?
Old February 6, 2007, 10:35 AM   #2
cntryboy1289

take a screwdriver and very carefully pry on one side of the slot, rotate and pry the other side and repeat until it comes out. Make sure to place you hand over it when it gets close because the mag spring will eject it into space for you if you dont. Then add the extension and you are done. I would place it at the top of the extension when you have the spring in place.
Old February 6, 2007, 11:05 AM   #3
asteffens

Thanks for the help country boy. The piece I am talking about looks like it is welded into the magazine tube. Is this not the case? Also, once I remove this piece, will I still be able place a plug in the gun so I can legally hunt waterfowl?
Old February 7, 2007, 01:19 AM   #4
cntryboy1289

It is a piece that is spring loaded to stay in place. Yes, all you have to do to return back to a bird gun is remove the extension, pry out the cap again and then press it back in place after putting the plug back in and replace the original cap. Most manufacturers added the piece at one time or the other so folks could clean the gun without haing the mag spring and followe fly out of the gun.