The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 6, 2016, 10:39 PM   #1
JDBerg

Magpul GL9 Magazine Worked Great!

I saw the "new & improved" Magpul GL9 magazines for the first time at an LGS this week for $15.99 and I figured I'd try one out.

So today at the LGR I set the Glock factory mags aside and ran 100 rds. through my Gen3 17 with just this one mag and it was flawless. Big thumbs up on these GL9 mags, at least so far.

This mag is all plastic without the metal liners that are in the factory mags, so it's about an ounce lighter than the factory mags. These are also easier than the factory mags to take apart. So I'm wondering if anybody is actually carrying these mags (yet)?
Old February 7, 2016, 01:17 PM   #2
glove

Good report. I have 2, 17 round Magpul mags and they run great in my G-26 3rd. gen.
anyway.
Old February 7, 2016, 08:10 PM   #3
joey.losurdo

I wish my experience was the same. The only malfunction I've had with my Glock 19 was with a GL9 mag. Not ready to rule it out completely but will be sure to use factory mags for carry.
Old February 8, 2016, 10:56 AM   #4
Glenn E. Meyer

My 17 mags run well. I used them as cheaper ones in matches. Got them on sale and plus the original lower price, it was a deal.