The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 15, 2013, 07:46 AM   #1
Saltydog235

Laser Options for XDM

Haven't done too much with handguns and especially autos in a while. Had an HK USP 45 for a while and sold it. Got bunches of wheelguns, 1911's and a few Berettas but this is the first one(s) with a rail on them.

I bought an XD Compact for my wife and an XDM for myself, well they might switch depending on her mood.

Anyway, she wants a laser on them, both of them so they are the same and she can be reliable with both. It's more of a crutch of back-up because I'm working more on sight picture than relying on lasers. What brands make the slickest units to fit both guns? Hand pressure activated?
Old May 17, 2013, 12:35 AM   #2
ClydeFrog

Viridian green laser/CT/Lasermax...

There are a few top brands(ie NOT mall ninja knock-offs ).
I'd check www.Lasermax.com or the highly rated www.Crimsontrace.com .
Viridian offers well made robust green lasers. The one green laser has a white light with strobe feature. Very handy for home protection or vehicle use at night but the laser aimers/lights are not cheap.

CT has a free 2013 catalog & DVD guide. They are rolling out a few new green laser models.
Lasermax is popular too. They make guide rod type red dot lasers that blink.

Also see; www.galls.com www.policehq.com www.natchezss.com www.uscav.com www.midwayusa.com .
Depending on your budget & selected uses, Im sure you can find a good laser aimer or laser-grip.

CF