The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 4, 2014, 06:11 PM   #1
9mm

ordering silencer off silencershop.com ???

I am confused by their whole setup on that site. I placed my silener in the cart and have my shipping info for my dealer, theres no option to ship to my dealer? only my billing info.

then I found a "$270" out of state tax stamp all done by silencershop themselves...

What is this? I don't want them handling my form4..

im not paying extra 70$ to have them do it. Seems iffy, that someone else is filling out my federal form -.-... My last silencer I bought I filled out my own forms

can't they just ship to my dealer and I fill out my own form?
Old December 4, 2014, 06:30 PM   #2
Coach Z

I've purchased three cans from them and all have been shipped to my dealer, free shipping as well. When I placed my order they contacted me the following morning for the info on which FFL I would be using. No surcharges what so ever.

I've done a fair bit of class 3 purchases now and they re far and away the best I've ever purchased from. Clear and prompt communication and very fast as well.
Old December 4, 2014, 08:35 PM   #3
9mm

Hi, thanks for fast reply. I'll update Ina few days about turn around time .

Last edited by 9mm; December 4, 2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old December 7, 2014, 10:46 AM   #4
jclayto

Explination of Silencershop direct

9mm,
I am strongly considering a Saker 762 purchase from Silencershop. I recently researched the Silencershop Direct option for $270. The $270 breaks down to $200 for the tax stamp, and $70 transfer fee. For the $70, SS handles all of the paperwork and sends the suppressor to dealer within 50 miles of your location for pickup once approved. The receiving dealer is not supposed to charge you any additional fees when you pickup the can. I assume SS pays part if not all of the $70 to the receiving dealer.

As to if this is a good deal, it depends on NFA transfer fees in your location. In my area, the cheapest I know of if is $75 for an NFA transfer if not buying the item from the dealer, with other shops charging $100-125.

Assuming he has not raised his price since my last purchase, I will probably choose the standard purchase option and ship the can to my $75 dealer. It's $5 more than SS Direct, but hes close by and I don't have to worry about driving up to 50 miles to pick up my can when it's ready. If his price has increased I will try to SS Direct option. I don't have a problem with them handling my paperwork as I have never heard a bad review of SS. I may call them tomorrow to ask which partner dealer they have in my area just to get an idea of where my can might end up if I use the direct option.

Enjoy your purchase.

Last edited by jclayto; December 7, 2014 at 11:01 AM.