The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 27, 2006, 03:54 PM   #1
rjv140

match bullets reloading for 9mm

i have a xd 9mm in a service model 4inch barrel and i have a bunch of federal primers and w231 powder and the dies and i want to make a very accurate load for target shooting i will not be alot at once becuase i buy umcs real cheap and if i am screwing around i use those but if i am tring to attempt to shoot competitively so what heads should i use that are relativily cheap to gain the best accuracy with my xd
Old March 27, 2006, 09:24 PM   #2
HSMITH

In all my guns the Hornady XTP has delivered as good or better accuracy than anything else I can find. $12 per hundred or so, and usually available everywhere loading components are offered for sale.

Zero JHP bullets also deliver good accuracy for me, 9mm is up over $60 per thousand last time I ordered and the prices just keep going up....
Old March 28, 2006, 12:34 PM   #3
918v

My best accuracy loads consist of 147gr. XTP's with Unique, WSF, or Universal Clays powders. 1/2" groups at 15 yards are typical from match pistols. Your XD should put them into an inch at that sistance.