The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 25, 2011, 02:09 PM   #26
1911A1Bob

The LCP was originally the wife's, but after she tried my LCR she "swapped" with me. So now I have an excuse to do some trading...

"...Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..."
Old April 25, 2011, 02:25 PM   #27
MLeake

Magyar, with all the apparent weight forward on yours, I'm half surprised you didn't mount a forend grip to the light.

How nose-heavy does it actually feel?
Old April 25, 2011, 02:39 PM   #28
Vermonter

Light

Now that I am hPpy with this gun I'm starting to think about a light for it and it may see night stand duty as well as truck duty. With that said I am also interested in the apparent weight.

As far as the LCP goes why trade? IMHO there is no substitute for a reliable gun that can dissaper almost anywhere. I was able to spend $225 for this used
Sigma. I'm sure you'll find a deal if you look.

P.s this gun was obviously barley used. And thanks for the compliments.
Vermonter
Old April 25, 2011, 03:44 PM   #29
1911A1Bob

Why trade? Mostly just because dad really wants it... So, what the heck. I'm pretty fond of my 642 anyway.

"...Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..."
Old April 25, 2011, 10:47 PM   #30
hagar

40 Sigma against 40 glock? No contest I agree, but the Sigma comes out the winner in the accuracy department. All my Sigmas, especially at longer ranges (25 yards plus) beats the daylights out of Glocks, and I actually PREFER the Sigma trigger to the Glock. The trigger is long but smooth, while the Glock makes you pull up and down if you do not pay attention.
Old September 10, 2012, 10:08 PM   #31
JRickett

Trigger work

Two things to consider:
First, S&W has replaced the sear group (SEAR HOUSING BLOCK ASSY) found on the SW40F and all other guns in the series up to the late production SW40VE, with a new part number. The old part number was 250820000 and the new part number is 274770000. The bad news is that the new assembly is designed to meet the idiotic Bloomberg rule requiring a minimum 12-pound trigger pull on all (legal) guns, including police weapons. Apparently the bad guys can have as light and smooth a trigger pull as they want. The good news is that the new assembly can be taken all the way apart and a lighter trigger return spring installed. There are a couple of guys on ebay selling the springs; one will install the part and smooth the working surfaces if you send him just the sear group. Somebody else was griping about limited sight options. They are limited, but the stock night sights are actually pretty decent and Brownell's carries at least one aftermarket set (Meprolight), plus the factory part.
Old September 10, 2012, 11:26 PM   #32
CharlieDeltaJuliet

The trigger can be fixed. I had one and loved it after fixing the trigger. S&W will lighten the trigger, and that is a start. But they are great pistols. The only reason I don't currently own one is my uncle took a fit over mine. Enjoy it and shoot the crap out of it... BTW after 1000 or so rounds the trigger will lighten a tad naturally.
..." - Thomas Jefferson
Old September 13, 2012, 10:21 PM   #33
Jbar4Ranch

I bought one a couple years ago for $285.99, after S&W's $50 mail in rebate, and it's been a very good shooter. As previously mentioned, the triggers are horrible though. A lot of folks say Winchester WSF is THE powder for .40 S&W.

SASS 47015
Old September 13, 2012, 10:43 PM   #34
Bamashooter

I bought one once and had a hi-point as well. Long story short, I ditched the POS S&W and kept the hi-point. You get what you pay for and when you buy a sigma you end up getting less than that.