The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 1, 2013, 09:33 AM   #1
StukaJU87

More anti-gun agenda

Wasn't sure where to post this but was so angry I just had to post it somewhere.

Well apperantly the great state of Indiana doesn't want to be left out of the current media circus. While visiting some friends, the news ran a story about a school shooting. My first thoughts were: "Oh god, not another one", only to find out the shooting was from 2 years ago. The news even went on to say how reason people don't remeber the shooting was because only 2 shots had been fired and no one was killed.

Apperantly a student that was about to be suspended or expelled got a pistol from a friend and shot a student that he thought got him in trouble. The one student was shot twice and spent some time in the hospital.

The station then showed interviews of the student and his friend, who witnessed the whole event. The mother is sueing the school district, ( real shocker there), because she claims her teenage son now has PTSD and will never be able to hold a job because he is to anxious and scares easily.

Then they showed an interview from his friend where he says he was "hit" by one shot. When he describes where he was "hit", he said that when the other student fired, he was "hit" in the wrist by one of the shell casings and it rolled down his arm. So now he also has PTSD and is scared of his shadow.

During the whole interview, they kept showing the mother of the shooting victim leaning against a wall like she was so distraught that she might fall down. But it was so obvious that they were telling her when she was on camera.

The interview is recent, it wasn't from when it happened. I think they were going for the aftermath effect. Now I'm not saying it didn't happen or that it wasn't a tragedy. What angered me was how the story focused on blaming the school and how the mother is suing the school, (because they have more money), instead of blaming the student or going after him. I just don't see how it was the schools fault. Maybe I'm wrong but I get angry when people blame someone or something other than the individual that actualyl committed the crime in question.

The segment didn't talk about banning guns at all but it's timing makes their message pretty clear. Why else would they bring up a story from 2 years ago?

Last edited by StukaJU87; February 1, 2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old February 1, 2013, 09:53 AM   #2
2ndsojourn

It's just more piling on. Yes, it's disgusting.