The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old February 16, 2008, 09:09 PM   #26
tplumeri

Staff is not eligible for the prize, unless its the third tuesday.......
Old February 17, 2008, 04:24 PM   #27
wjg686

Count me in

I'm a dedicated flintlock hunter, but shoot everything else the rest of the year.
Old February 18, 2008, 08:51 AM   #28
LEE3370

I keep following the thread, waiting and watching.
Is there going to be a place to sell blackpowder stuff?
Health is forcing me to sell everything I have and I have some stuff to sell.
Thanks,
Lee
Old February 18, 2008, 01:09 PM   #29
Mac_Muz

Lee, Why sell it? Take it with you!
Old February 18, 2008, 01:13 PM   #30
Mac_Muz

And this is a shamless plug to drive my post count up! LOL

As to the prize, i want it! I want it! read that! I want it, and will after more thinking, use it to mount a radar detector I have been having problems mounting on my motorbike.

So the rest you you guys who have no use for this mount back off! LOL

I have a big total of 3 posts now, so I am somebody, you can ask my wife!
Old February 18, 2008, 01:13 PM   #31
LEE3370

They don't make coffins THAT big. ;oD
Old February 18, 2008, 01:15 PM   #32
Mac_Muz

Well I dunno.. I have this WW-1 vintage canoe, and while thar's no use of cash in the happy hunting grounds, there just might be a need for a good gun and a good canoe..
Old February 18, 2008, 01:37 PM   #33
Pahoo

Need Staff Input !!!

Fellows, I do not know the criteria for acceptance of this post or at what point the staff is going to step in and either give their blessing or shoot it down. I do see that it has been refered to the Staff. Okay ??

I do know one thing and that if I get the prize, I'm shipping it to the Hawg.
I too have some stuff to sell as I have suddenly find myself having a collection of various RamRods.

Be safe !!!!
Old February 18, 2008, 01:48 PM   #34
Mal H
Staff

Ok, ok, you've squeaked enough! (Squeaky wheel - oil - get it? Nevermind. )

Not sure what happened to the other staff question, but I've posed the question again. I'll let you know what happens here.
Old February 18, 2008, 05:29 PM   #35
old06

One more vote even if you have given in
Old February 19, 2008, 01:14 AM   #36
Mac_Muz

Quote:
Pahoo said: I do know one thing and that if I get the prize, I'm shipping it to the Hawg.
I can't find where Hawg has a use. What would that be? As intended or something else?

I really plan to use it, just not as intended. On the other hand if some wants if for the intended use I sure wouldn't want to be in the way of that.
Old February 19, 2008, 07:03 AM   #37
LEE3370

"I do see that it has been refered to the Staff. Okay ??"

ooops, Sorry, my bad, I spoke when not spoken to.

I was just trying to get a vote in.
Old February 19, 2008, 10:50 AM   #38
Mac_Muz

38 2 more to go and since I am new around here I will stop messing around... mac
Old February 19, 2008, 11:27 AM   #39
Bigbadgun

this needs to happen

People have stuff to sell and others want to buy.
I have money waiting for this. And I also have stuff to sell like leather goods that I make just for Blackpowder stuff.
Old February 19, 2008, 05:24 PM   #40
Mac_Muz

Ok this is legal, I posted this morning, and much later in the day I post again at 5:26... I win!
Old February 19, 2008, 05:31 PM   #41
tplumeri

Quote:
I win!
sorry mac, thats #39 by my count! which makes me #40!!
Old February 19, 2008, 05:37 PM   #42
Mac_Muz

You count posts funny, but then is says 40 posters, not 40 posts. I could use the device, but not as inteneded which should count for something.

What I am not sure about is, if the device is complete, but even if it is I wouldn't install it on my Winchester.

I am very new here, but not new to BP flinters one bit. With these I go back to 72'. SO seeing a trade place for this would be way cool IMO...

As to the device , well it has a 1" ID and my handle bars are 1" OD, so it could mount on my bike easy.. And then i could add bling to it..

I have other scope mounts, so what I got was a lesson in what else I can mount with....

Still you count funny... Are you IRS?
Old February 19, 2008, 05:46 PM   #43
tplumeri

Quote:
You count posts funny, but then is says 40 posters, not 40 posts
Dunno, your last post reads #41 on my list of topics.
just having fun anyway.
the mount is yours but its just the mount base. no rings with it.
its Bushnell #76-1916 "center dovetail 94 winchester" brand new in original plastic case. Still has the original tube of loctite with it!
so, if you still want it send me an address by PM and i'll put it in the mail.
Looks like we might get a new category for posting!
be safe,
tom
Old February 19, 2008, 06:30 PM   #44
Mac_Muz

That's strange as I see mine as 40 and yours as 41... I can make a bit map and post it if you wish.. I am sure you can do the same thing.

I understand this poster Hawg Haggen has stated he coukld use this part as well, but for what I am not sure. It could be he really needs it. I wouldn't stand in the way of that.

I am just posting in here as I am new and haven't found my way around yet.

I am a dyed in the wool skinner though.
Old February 19, 2008, 06:41 PM   #45
Mal H
Staff

I swear! You guys sure do squeak a lot!

I'll reopen this when a decision, one way or the other, has been made. Don't forget, this is the tech support forum, not a chat room.

BTW, as for the "contest", the rewritten rule states, "the 50th post that has ANYTHING to say about muzzleloader wins the prize." Since no one posted the 50th post, there is no winner - yet.

If you delete silly posts and only count ones that have anything to say about muzzleloaders, the count is much lower than the thread indicates.
Old February 20, 2008, 10:30 AM   #46
Mal H
Staff

Ok, after due consideration, we have added a private muzzle loading gun show forum. You'll find it inside the BP forum.

If anyone already has a buy/sell/trade thread in one of the other forums and would like to have it moved to the BP specific forum, post the link here and I'll move it.

Reminder - this thread is not a contest or chat thread.
Old February 20, 2008, 11:04 AM   #47
Mac_Muz

Mal, You sure make it hard to speak when you lock threads.

I could care a less about any contest, prizes and or other so called winnings.

Clearly the post and thread is about a place to trade black powder related items. So far as I am concerend the prize isn't related to black powder items, and or much of anything else.

Just about everyone was posting as play, because there is no real topic.

The area this post is in, as you well know is suggestions, questions, and tech support. The mods moved this thread here, not me.

I am a mod on line myself, and I sure wouldn't have placed this thread in this area myself.

Never the less, my interest would be a place to trade for black powder related items somewhere on the web.

Some items to trade related to black powder to me are lodges, kitchen gear, fire irons, wooden, leather, horn, antler, guns, hawks, knives, trade silver, and cloth materials. All related to history, hunting, both modern and period.

I am new here, and I know what happens to new guys at sites as I have been a mod on line since sometime in the year 2000. There is always a period of adjustment for anyone new to find his spot on any given board, and get used to how the board runs..

Now to me it looks like you, and the other mod, are just tossing your weight around, because you can. If this is the way things in general work around around here, then I would be on the wrong site. If this isn't the way they work in general then maybe this site is ok, but I can't tell yet.

They say people will never say the things they say on line in real life, but I don't care what they say. I speak my mind on line as I do in real life.

I have about 3,000 Buck Skinners that will tell you that.

The entire point was to squeak alot, and get the place that now has been given wasn't it?

I don't care what you do to the thread, me, and others really, as I haven't invested time and thinking here much yet.

You can lock this thread, and ban me and it won't make any difference to me yet. If you do, you better not also be a Buck Skinner at any events I attend, or you could find an old skinney guy at top yer lodge. It wouldn't be the first time I was a top somebody's lodge yelling for my horse!
Old February 20, 2008, 12:50 PM   #48
Mal H
Staff

Well, alrighty then, Mac_Muz! You're most welcome! I guess old Draco has nothing on me, eh?

Actually, I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to waste time with this, but it's hard to resist a thrown gauntlet. I'm not going to waste a lot of time on your points, but will answer them.

Quote:
I could care a less about any contest, prizes and or other so called winnings.
Really? Let me quote you from this very thread:
"As to the prize, i want it! I want it! read that! I want it, and will after more thinking, use it to mount a radar detector I have been having problems mounting on my motorbike.

So the rest you you guys who have no use for this mount back off! LOL"

Quote:
Clearly the post and thread is about a place to trade black powder related items. So far as I am concerend the prize isn't related to black powder items, and or much of anything else.

Just about everyone was posting as play, because there is no real topic.

The area this post is in, as you well know is suggestions, questions, and tech support. The mods moved this thread here, not me.
You are correct about the moving, but not about there being no topic. This thread was created to ask the moderating staff if a buy/sell/trade forum could be created specifically for muzzle loading items. No matter where it started it rightly belongs in this forum and therefore was moved here. Does it really matter who moved it? And I am well aware that you didn't move it because you joined two days after the thread was created.

Quote:
I am a mod on line myself, and I sure wouldn't have placed this thread in this area myself.
Irrelevant.

Quote:
Never the less, my interest would be a place to trade for black powder related items somewhere on the web.

Some items to trade related to black powder to me are lodges, kitchen gear, fire irons, wooden, leather, horn, antler, guns, hawks, knives, trade silver, and cloth materials. All related to history, hunting, both modern and period.
Most of that was understood as the items that would be in such a forum. However, our forum will not be one to barter for kitchen gear, lodges, and the like. TFL is a firearms board and even in the BP forums, that is and will remain the focus.

Quote:
I am new here, and I know what happens to new guys at sites as I have been a mod on line since sometime in the year 2000. There is always a period of adjustment for anyone new to find his spot on any given board, and get used to how the board runs..
All true. I guess that's why I'm puzzled why you started throwing your weight around as you have accused us below so soon after you joined.

Quote:
Now to me it looks like you, and the other mod, are just tossing your weight around, because you can. If this is the way things in general work around around here, then I would be on the wrong site. If this isn't the way they work in general then maybe this site is ok, but I can't tell yet.
Well you can take this to the bank - this is how things work around here. TFL is a closely moderated board. If we see things that are in the wrong place, we move them. If we see folks chatting in threads about a completely different subject than the original post was about, we either give a gentle warning or we close or delete the thread. If we see folks deriding others, using ad hominems, or simply contributing more noise than signal, we ban them. What you call throwing our weight around, we call good moderating.

Quote:
They say people will never say the things they say on line in real life, but I don't care what they say. I speak my mind on line as I do in real life.

I have about 3,000 Buck Skinners that will tell you that.
Speak your mind as much as you want as long as you stay within the forum rules when doing so.

Quote:
The entire point was to squeak alot, and get the place that now has been given wasn't it?
No, it wasn't. The entire point was to ask if a certain forum could be added. No additional rhetoric was required other than perhaps describing some of the details of the requested forum and showing additional member support for the request.

Quote:
I don't care what you do to the thread, me, and others really, as I haven't invested time and thinking here much yet.
I'm afraid that's obvious.

Quote:
You can lock this thread, and ban me and it won't make any difference to me yet. If you do, you better not also be a Buck Skinner at any events I attend, or you could find an old skinney guy at top yer lodge. It wouldn't be the first time I was a top somebody's lodge yelling for my horse!
I don't intend to lock this thread unless the posts drift off topic - again. I'm not sure if your last two sentences are a threat or just good natured jabbering and posturing, if the former, it is not welcome here.

Now back to the topic at hand.

Anybody have any threads to be moved to the new forum?
Old February 20, 2008, 01:26 PM   #49
Pahoo

"Let's Bring This Back"

Forum:
You have spoken, not squeaked, loud and clear and shown your interest and support.
I might suggest that we revisit the forum section listing "The Rules of Conduct" as it deals in good faith.

Staff:
You have acknowledged this support and given us the tools that we need to accomodate of our interests. I understand that Mal H has limited interest in M/L's and that's fine as we all have our interests. The stated Mod. on Black Poder issues is 4V50 Gary and can only assume that his input was solicited.

I sincerely wish to thank the staff for their support.
Old February 20, 2008, 04:55 PM   #50
Mac_Muz

Well Mal, I don't know what to say other than you take life way to seriously.

Or there is a failing under the fact we can't see each other. I sit here with a glint in my eye when I say things like, I want, I want the rest of you guys back off, after I have read this so called prized is of dubious value.

No doubt you also saw me say that someone named Hawg should probably benifit from this part, as somewhere I don't know about on here, it is alledged he has a use for this part.

Me threaten anyone with more than climbing a tee pee which is pretty funny in and of itself, can't possibly be taken as harming anything can it?

I am 56, and weigh 145 pounds soaking wet. No one has ever felt very threatened by me in person before, so yeah I was being funny.

I have sat around more than 1 camp fire ya know.

Weight? What weight can I possibly throw around here?

I can't say I even know the meaning of Draco.

I can see I got off on the wrong foot pretty easy. I can see you stepped on the post in seemingly to me haste.. I had a desire to speak my mind and couldn't; hence the new post so i could. That got stepped on right away but then you posted to it anyway.

Now I have no weight around here, so the best I can do is offer an open appology for steppin' on your toes, and see if I can enter clean, or not.

Many times I don't speak to all in a thread, and as it is now, I am speaking directly to you and no one else.

Maybe in real life we just wouldn't like each other, but I would have a problem with that myself, as we have never met. I am never overly hasty in things I do and or care about. I don't judge others by a single incident.

Now I don't know if you would want this, but I have an interesting bit witten about what it is like to be a mod.

I will post it here for you and you may do what ever you wish with. I think that if you read it, you might agree with most of it. Anyway that will be my Peace offereing.

It will be the next thing I post in this thread and i expect you will find it is off topic, but it is there for you to decide what to do with it. I didn't write it myself, but you may still use it for what ever you wish. Likely it will be nothing you don't already know. It was written by a "Mr. Anderson" a user name an given to me. My take is it is a good essay.
Closed Thread