The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 11, 2009, 09:07 PM   #1
bmgaspard

Blackhawk Serpa Tactical Rails

I recently purchased a blackhawk tactical drop leg holster for my Beretta 92 FS. It has a spot on both sides to mount rails and I have purchased 2 mag holsters from blackhawk and some weaver rails. The problem I have is the mag holster looks like it will fit on the rail, but there is a dovetail in the middle. I am unable to find a rail like this. I found a paddle holster from Blackhawk that fits 2 accessories with these rails http://www.blackhawk.com/product/CQC...oop,330,82.htm but can't find the rails by themselves to mount on this holster. Does anyone know where I can get these rails?
Old February 14, 2009, 01:32 PM   #2
4thPointofContact

There have been two models of drop leg holsters that I know of. The original model had molded in M1913 rails so that magazine holders could be slipped right on, just like they are on the belt carriers. Blackhawk received complaints that the rails allowed accessories to be torn from the carrier too easily and came up with a new model.

The new model has raised areas and three(?) screw holes. Is this the model you have?

Newer magazine holders have longer screws and screw directly to the drop-leg hoster. I think, but I'm not sure they have the same selection of accessories as before. The drawback is that you can't just switch accessories to and from the drop-leg hoslter, they're now dedicated.

((This is only from memory, so I could easily be incorrect))
Old February 14, 2009, 06:33 PM   #3
IZinterrogator

The original rails weren't molded in, they were screwed on. I don't know why they didn't just leave it the way it was and give people the option to screw in their accessories, I liked the old way better. I had the option of attaching a rail-mounted light to the rails since it wouldn't fit on the gun while it was in the holster.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams