The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 28, 2010, 02:08 PM   #1
tristar viper

Here it is, I am SO excited!!!

I have been waiting for this day for almost a year, but today was the day.
Brand new H&K P30 9mm with LEM trigger. I cannot even begin to express how excited I am about this gun, WAY more than any I have ever bought before. I just got it home and my first thought was to share my newest purchase with all of you.
Range report will be forthcoming in a few days, I'm very much looking forward to trying this LEM trigger...not sure what to expect but I'm very optimistic after all the great things I've heard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEW HK P30!!!!! 005.jpg (263.0 KB, 680 views)

Last edited by tristar viper; November 29, 2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old November 28, 2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Uncle Malice

Wahoo. You'll love it. I like the P30S better, but that's why i bought it

Let us know how she shoots!
Old November 28, 2010, 04:18 PM   #3
varoadking

Congrat's...did you buy it from STOKES CLASSIC ARMS in Bellevue?

BTW - if you can find a nearby HK armorer, buy the #209296 compression spring and #228322 drop safety catch spring from HK and have them installed. It will make a HUGE difference in your P30 LEM action...
Old November 28, 2010, 05:25 PM   #4
zombieslayer

Nice choice. Enjoy it and shoot the heck out of it and post a range report.
Old November 28, 2010, 05:50 PM   #5
tristar viper

No I didn't buy it in Bellevue. Bought it from Fin Feather and Fur in Ashland. That's my local shop and where I do about all of my shooting.
And I have no desire or plans to change the trigger and how it functions as it is. I haven't even shot the thing yet and already I have someone telling me that I should do this and that to because it'll be better.....I'd prefer to just enjoy the gun as it is because I haven't even had it for 1/2 a day yet.
Old November 28, 2010, 06:05 PM   #6
zombieslayer

Does it come with the folding knife?
Old November 28, 2010, 06:06 PM   #7
IanS

The LEM trigger is probably gonna be very different from what you're used to. Give it a fair chacne. Buy a case of ammo then get back to us. I have to admit the Spiderman grips have grown on me.
Old November 28, 2010, 06:14 PM   #8
tristar viper

Yes it came with 2 additional backstraps and side panels, and the folding knife with a serial number that matches the gun. It also has night sights.
I'm really not sure what to expect with this trigger. I have a few guys who have in fact shot a LEM, and they say it's not that different and easy to get used to. Others, like you IanS, say it'll take some time and to just give it a chance. I guess I just gotta go shoot it and see what I think. I fully expect it to be different enough that it'll take some practice.
Old November 28, 2010, 07:24 PM   #9
shortwave

Have a ball but make sure you give us a range report.

What's the LEM trigger like? Is it similar to the LDA trigger on some Para's?
Old November 28, 2010, 07:40 PM   #10
tristar viper

I wish I knew........
Old November 28, 2010, 07:48 PM   #11
Bentonville

Congrats and thanks for sharing. You should have researched this HK thing before you bought your first one. In many cases, once bitten there is no cure.
Old November 28, 2010, 07:57 PM   #12
osageid

I agree with Benton.... Once bitten! I just got my first HK in the usp 40 and I keep catching myself thinking about which HK to get next hmmmmmmmm
Glock 22,Glock 36
Old November 28, 2010, 08:11 PM   #13
tristar viper

I did research this gun. Other than how it feels to shoot, I know darn near everything about it. Opinions vary greatly about the trigger, as I said earlier if you read this whole post. I also said I haven't even shot the thing yet, how am I supposed to know and explain how the trigger is different until I shoot it?? I couldn't very well research how the trigger feels when there is no person and no range around that has a LEM trigger for me to try. Am I worried about it? Not really. Was it a gamble? Yea, I suppose maybe, but it was a gamble I was willing to take.
Old November 28, 2010, 08:13 PM   #14
tristar viper

What do you mean which HK to get next?? As in addition to or to replace the USP you have?
Old November 28, 2010, 08:31 PM   #15
frumious

Why did you choose the LEM trigger? It seems that you don't quite know what to expect, but you specifically ordered LEM. I guess as opposed to a more "normal" trigger...? Anyway, fill us in. Inquiring minds want to know?
Old November 28, 2010, 08:40 PM   #16
SauerGrapes

Congrats on your new gun! DO let us know your impressions on the trigger. A new gun is always a time for excitement. Enjoy......
Old November 28, 2010, 08:51 PM   #17
tristar viper

The trigger was a secondary thing. First and foremost I knew I wanted a P30 because I shot one, a V3 gun. Loved it. So I started looking for P30's, I didn't order anything. They are not plentiful around here, but this shop had 6 of them and they happened to have this LEM trigger and night sights. So I researched and asked questions about this trigger. Couldn't find a LEM gun to shoot anywhere. But more than one shooter told me that the LEM was one of the best triggers they had ever felt, smooth, consistent, and promoted unreal accuracy because of the short reset from shot to shot. These were guys who attended some HK promotion thing in southern Ohio and the rep brought a number of LEM pistols. I could have gone but I didn't. Another acquaintance of mine who shoots IDPA with a Glock said the trigger is not that different from a standard DA/SA trigger. He too commented on the smoothness of it.
I did find one guy who didn't like it. He only would say that he "didn't get along with it" whatever that meant.
So since I couldn't shoot one, I went largely on the opinions of people who had, and decided it was a very small risk to buy it without shooting it. I don't ever buy guns without shooting them first, but this time I decided I would.
Old November 28, 2010, 08:54 PM   #18
osageid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristar viper View Post
What do you mean which HK to get next?? As in addition to or to replace the USP you have?
Oh I mean addition! I will never get rid of this pistol! HK gives you lifetime warranty for the original owner! You will love the way it shoots! I love emptying a mag in secs and all center mass !!
Glock 22,Glock 36
Old November 28, 2010, 09:04 PM   #19
tightgrouper

very very nice!
Congrats!

Be Safe! Teach Safety!
Take handle loosely.
Old November 28, 2010, 11:34 PM   #20
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
I haven't even shot the thing yet and already I have someone telling me that I should do this and that to because it'll be better.....I'd prefer to just enjoy the gun as it is because I haven't even had it for 1/2 a day yet.
Yeah, how DARE would a fellow member share their excitement for you and offer some suggestions. I mean, who the hell are we....discussing firearms and stuff...
Quote:
Opinions vary greatly about the trigger, as I said earlier if you read this whole post. I also said I haven't even shot the thing yet, how am I supposed to know and explain how the trigger is different until I shoot it?? I couldn't very well research how the trigger feels when there is no person and no range around that has a LEM trigger for me to try.
I don't know....maybe dry fire it to give an initial report?

Man, lighten up. People are just trying to pick your brain. If it's that harrowing, maybe post a thread after taking it to the range next time...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old November 28, 2010, 11:34 PM   #21
Dr_2_B

Nice pistol. Love to see some more pics with your range report.
Old November 29, 2010, 12:55 AM   #22
JQP

Just from an aesthetics vantage point, it looks like the offspring of a Hi-Point and Glock that knocked boots.

But congrats on the new handgun!
Old November 29, 2010, 11:59 AM   #23
tristar viper

Tuttle, staff or not and with all due respect, none of the afforementioned comments even involved you, and it wasn't even a big deal. I just didn't appreciate the fact that I had saved for months to buy an HK, and when I finally do I post it up to tell everyone and right away somebody wants to tell me how the gun can be better. I thought it was rude. Could be ya know that I just might like the gun as it is. I didn't ask anyone how to make it better.
I had already said over and over that I'd shoot it and see, I said it in the very first post. Maybe I over-reacted a little, not trying to offend anybody.
I'm going to the range tonite. Wife is going also, apparently she saw a 1911 Springfield she wants to shoot out of the rental cabinet. Could have blown me away when she said that, I was sure she hated 1911's.
I appreciate everyone's interest in this gun though, I remember posting that I bought an XD 45 and noone seemed to care......
Old November 29, 2010, 12:21 PM   #24
tightgrouper

We care. Mr Viper.

Be Safe! Teach Safety!
Take handle loosely.
Old November 29, 2010, 01:22 PM   #25
Coltman 77

Congratulations Tristar.

The P30 is a great handgun in every way.

I love my P30L and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours too.

Protect our 2nd Amendment Rights -- Join the NRA