The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old September 28, 2010, 01:10 PM   #51
rtpzwms

Ownership, this is lost on this neighbor. No ownership for the dogs or the safety of the neighbor. I would think at the very least he would be willing to create a better fence line so you would fell safer. Double fence or a block wall so the dogs will not see you in your backyard.

If these dogs are barking at night then there may be something you can do. Set up the brightest lights possible pointed at the neighbors house and set them to go on every time the dogs bark at night. If you do it properly it should wake up your neighbor. Then you will be responding to noises in the night.

Keep calling for the barking and get your other neighbors to help by calling too.

Check your local city/county ordinances to see if they have a dangerous breed listing and regulations. You might find out that they have some and you can use it to help get the authorities to do more. Check with animal control and find out what you have to do to have the neighbor put on notice for housing a dangerous animal. At that point they have a higher level of responsibility to control the dogs.

If you should be attacked god forbid, find a way to settle it on the "Judge Joe Brown show" I swear he HATES pit bulls. Its almost comical how much he hates them, he almost always gives the plaintiff everything up to the state limit for small claims court. If you record a few shows you'll see what I'm talking about.
Old September 28, 2010, 01:16 PM   #52
Mal H
Staff

I think this thread has run the course and is pretty much done. I believe the OP has gotten his handgun question answered many times over. The topic of what to do about vicious dogs is off topic for this handgun forum or even TFL in general, and that is what the thread has turned into so we'll lock 'er down at this point.
Closed Thread

Tags
advice