The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 24, 2007, 09:39 AM   #26
Musketeer

Quote:
Seems like the first thing you'd notice would be the startling absence of that weight and bulk, whether inside or outside your pants. Though it isn't a real pain to cart around, I can't imagine forgetting it--ever.
Nobody here thinks they would ever forget it but it seems to happen often enough...

Nobody here ever thinks they will have a ND yet we all believe in trying to following the rules which insure that if one were to happen it would cause on harm.

Same thing. I don't point my weapon at something I am not prepared to shoot even if I have my finger off the trigger and I don't leave my gun on a toilet tank even though I "know" I would never forget it.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin
Old January 24, 2007, 06:36 PM   #27
Blackwater OPS

Quote:
Seems like the first thing you'd notice would be the startling absence of that weight and bulk, whether inside or outside your pants. Though it isn't a real pain to cart around, I can't imagine forgetting it--ever.
I'm guilty of that one. I used to leave my pistol belt with the desk sergeant when I used the john at the station (just easier that way), and once I got a big call while taking care of business. I rushed out as quick as I could, and did not notice I was missing something until I went to take my MP club out and put it in the car before I got it. No club, no belt, no gun. OOPS Desk sergeant said "I was wondering when you would come back for that". Well, at least he did not put it over the radio...
-Ben Franklin

Spc. Jeremy M. Campbell
Died 9/1/2005
and the best DS ever
MSG Matthew Ritz
Died 11.23.2005
matthewritz.com

For those who have had to fight for it, Life holds a special meaning that the protected will never know.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Someone set us up the bunny!
(")_(")
Old February 1, 2007, 03:52 PM   #28
Absdad

Just had that happen last week. Walked into the restroom and closed the stall door to see a batman belt complete with hand-gun in it hanging on the coat hook.
Put my business card on the door that said, 'call me on my cell - your belt is in my office'. Gotta good laugh out of that one.
Old February 1, 2007, 07:17 PM   #29
revjen45

This subject was discussed at length in another board, as well as this one. What appeared to me the best answer was to put your gun cradled in your underwear between your ankles. If attacked while taking a d*mp it's right there and you sure can't pull up your pants without noticing it.
Old February 1, 2007, 11:37 PM   #30
Hardtarget

Seeing some good info and tech.

My suggestion is. ..practice at home...before you get caught in a bind!

Mark.