The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old November 18, 2014, 02:59 PM   #101

Quote:
Smith & Wesson 5906. There are others also, but this one fits the bill for this topic. I also have a Ruger P-90 and while I am sure it'd go to hellenback, it doesn't feel as solid & overbuilt quite like the 5906
Yeah, the fourth generation S&W autos definitely qualify.
Old November 18, 2014, 03:24 PM   #102
Sevens

Quote:
Yeah, the fourth generation S&W autos definitely qualify.
They would, perhaps, if Smith & Wesson had ever built any.
Or, I suppose you could call the M&P line, or their 1911 line... "Fourth Generation" S&W autos.

Oh, and AMPdude, pretty funny that in your post#94... you, yourself typed it up as:
Quote:
and Auto Mag V in .50AE.
That's "Automag" and btw, it also came in 10mm Magnum.
Old November 18, 2014, 03:37 PM   #103

Geez, you know what I meant.

Meant to type 'third' while looking at four numbers in the model number.

Tough crowd.
Old November 18, 2014, 03:44 PM   #104
Sevens

Getting corrected around here just comes with the territory. Will likely not make you feel any better, but I've been corrected FAR MORE than I have corrected. At the end of the day, we all learn something from it, even if it's simply someone else that reads it and picks up on it.

FWIW, the four-digit numbering is not a pure solution to picking 3rd Gen pistols, BTW -- they made "value line" 3rd Gens with 3-digit model numbers. I really don't care for any of those guns... they really are simply cheapened versions of the fine guns I do like. Ugly finishes, plastic guide rods, etc.