The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 14, 2014, 09:19 PM   #26
orionengnr

I've owned both, I like both and I won't try to push you one way or the other.
If you are a Garand guy, the Mini has a lot to like about it.
If you are not, the AR has a lot to like.

I don't know what your financial situation is, but honestly, neither one is terribly expensive to buy and feed.

The hay costs the same for both of them, so you might want to consider one of each.

That is my choice. Buy one of whichever presents itself at the right price...buy the other whenever possible.

And then, if necessary, sell the one you don't like.
Old December 18, 2014, 06:56 PM   #27
Homerboy

Not about the money. Just about the redundancy of having both. I had them both at one time. And I doubt I fired more than 400 rounds a year through either.

As for the modularity of the AR, it is the last thing I care about. I went through the tactical mall ninja phase in my 20's. Not interested in hanging lights and lasers from it, or changing barrels, etc. just looking for a reliable rifle that can hit a paper plate at 200 yards every time.