The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 3, 2010, 08:32 AM   #1
jborushko

scope mounting on taurus judge??

friend of mine has a longer barreled taurus judge and asked me if i could mount a scope on it.

other than the why would i want to do that responses (its not my gun, and its what he wants) is it possible?

i looked at the frame and the upper part of the frame is hollowed out for the for the use of the sights. but the top of the barrel looked promising there is a raise or a barrel stiffener that runs along the barrel. do you think there is enough material there(barrel) to do a tap for a scope mount? or can i on the frame some how?

thanks

Last edited by jborushko; November 3, 2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old November 3, 2010, 09:10 AM   #2
phydaux

I'm the last person on Earth who would tell another person what they can or can't do with their money, but honestly a little part of me just died inside.
Old November 29, 2010, 07:14 PM   #3
HSPepke

As the Taurus Judge is essentially a Tracker with a longer frame, someone must have mounted a scope on one of those. Check for Tracker threads. Good luck.
Old December 7, 2010, 05:20 AM   #4
sourdough44

So maybe he got over the idea by now. Sometimes the best course of action is no action.
Old December 7, 2010, 02:11 PM   #5
hickstick_10

Quote:
I'm the last person on Earth who would tell another person what they can or can't do with their money, but honestly a little part of me just died inside.
+1
Old December 7, 2010, 10:55 PM   #6
Lemmon

jborushko, I don't own a Judge. In my mind it is a very short barrel shotgun primarily designed for self-defense. Putting a scope on a Judge is like fitting a scope on a yo-yo. Accuracy should be about the same.... Forgive me.... But I just don't see the need or practicality of that mod. If you fire a 45 shell in it the bullet will definitely bounce around a bit in the long lead channel that is required for the 410 shell. The Judge is not a target pistol... I have a Thompson Contender with a 10 inch 45/410 barrel that is fine without a scope and I don't plan on shooting 45's in it. I do have a scope mounted on my TC 221 fireball 8 1/2 barrel though.

I really would like to know his reason for wanting one.

Lemmon